ACR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase and Eotech. I have no need for NV compatability, so don't need the XPS 3 series. A couple of questions though:

1. Does the mount need to be elevated in order to use the MBUS through the Eotech, as in the "E"XPS models or is the XPS sufficient??
2. I see several of you forumites mentioning the XPS2, and think this is the model that I will end up purchasing, and good pricing right now, any more thoughts??
3. What about the reticle choice (and why), 1 MOA alone, 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA, or circle with 2 MOA dots??

TIA,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hi Jeff!

I have the EXPS2-0 which is called the OPMOD from Optics Planet. It's also the same online store I bought it from. As you know the EXPS already comes with a QD mount and gives a co-witness with the MBUS. The 2-0 is the 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA center dot. The EXPS2-0 only comes with the -0 and -2 reticle options. I didn't need 2 red dots so I got the -0 pattern.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
1) The eotechs are designed to co-witness with the MBUS. The EXPS will be lower 1/3 while the XPS will be absolute. (EXPS is on a 7mm riser from factory)

2) I have a XPS and would buy it again. I have an old Rev C 511 which uses "N" batteries and they are good for about 100hrs if you treat them right. The XPS I have still has the original battery that came with it and it's still good. Have sight for about 6 months now.

3) Reticle choice is a personal preference. I have always used the "0" 65moa reticle. It just works for me and is very quick on target. For the type of shooting and range, I didnt need the 2 dot version.

Look thru 1 before you buy. If you have any hidden issues with your eyes. The eotech will let you know with a messed up reticle. I have to wear my far vision lens with it or it is a 65moa fuzz ball :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts