ACR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ACR has serial# BL030XX, where does mine fall in terms of newer rifle with less issues or is mine still in the serial# range of ACR's that had some problems?

For the record I have 800 rnds through mine without a hiccup and this is with a wide variety of ammo.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
is your gas regulator round at the tip or kinda angled? if its round it should be the latest version, mine is 3k+ and has the new reg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You have one of the post-recall productions. Mine is 1xxx range and it was pre-recall, but not so early as to have the problems reported by users in the 0000-0500 range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is rounded and is the newer gas regulator. I thought I had one that was GTG but just wanted to be sure. Thanks again to all.

is your gas regulator round at the tip or kinda angled? if its round it should be the latest version, mine is 3k+ and has the new reg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thing shoots like a dream. After hearing HDLS's issues with Federal XM193 I decided tonight to go shoot some through my ACR, after all I shot about every kind of ammo through it so far with zero issues.

I fired 100rnds of XM193 in a matter of about 15 minuttes and it ate it without issue. I'm fast approaching 1000rnds and have checked the rifle over for some issues mentioned on this site. So far mine is not experiancing any of them with the exception of some slight peening on to of the barrel lugs. This has been the same since the first time I fired it and has not gotten any worse so no big deal to me.

I also just checked the firing pin and it still looks like the day I got the ACR when it was new.

One other small issue but not really an issue is that sometimes it fails to lock the bolt on the last rnd, this happened a total of about 3 times.

So all in all I think I got a good one and beleive me I'm grateful for it.

Sweet, you got a good one for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts