ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
santa, dropped off some gifts... unfortunately in being that it's july, he wore a brown with yellow uniform with tracking numbers. time to pop out some 223's!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Holy shit-balls! Did you win a contest or something? How much did all that run you (minus the holsters)? I'd be curious to start reloading if I could get it for a decent price.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Booty score! Let us know how that LnL works out for you. I love brown santa.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it cost me close to a little over $900. i have a somewhat compulsive buying habbit.

but i cant wait!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
added a classic turret bc i dont like the priming system on the Hornady LnL. i had some powder drop onto the carriage and just spill over b/c i didnt notice that the priming tube didnt dispense a primer...

waiting on the small/large priming tray, hornady powder cop and maybe i will be complete...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also got rid of the rcbs small base die for the AR. right now i have the lee pacesetter 223 set for the hornady LnL, which works awesome, and hornady 223 custom grade die on the lee classic turret.

kinda mix-matched, but i like the factory crimp that the lee pacesetter includes.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Looks like ya ot a nice setup. How many rounds have you cranked out? (it's addicting :) )

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have been trying to dial it all in and get things to my preference, not concentrating on mass production yet. once i get it all right, then they will be cranked out.

so far, 250 rounds.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
i have been trying to dial it all in and get things to my preference, not concentrating on mass production yet. once i get it all right, then they will be cranked out.

so far, 250 rounds.
Thats ok, going slow is a good thing...

Nothing more satisfying then knowing the nice tight group you shot was because you made them. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had one of those a while back and loved it but I got mine before the powder measure had the interchangeable metering inserts so as long as I was doing one type of round it was golden. In the end I sold it and went back to the cheaper Hornady press but since they added the interchangeable pieces for the powder measure I wish I had it back. My reloading kit has more than paid for itself with just the 7mag reloads I do since I use the Hornady 139 grain interbonds. The just some advice on powder and primers they are much cheaper at gun shows and are about the only reason I seem to go to gun shows anymore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had one of those a while back and loved it but I got mine before the powder measure had the interchangeable metering inserts so as long as I was doing one type of round it was golden. In the end I sold it and went back to the cheaper Hornady press but since they added the interchangeable pieces for the powder measure I wish I had it back. My reloading kit has more than paid for itself with just the 7mag reloads I do since I use the Hornady 139 grain interbonds. The just some advice on powder and primers they are much cheaper at gun shows and are about the only reason I seem to go to gun shows anymore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
cheaper? yeah, i probably paid near normal B&M pricing, 35$/1000 and 21$ for 1lbs H335. i live in mass, where we cannot purchase online primers/powder.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Dammit! I really need to get into reloading.

Not to de-rail your thread, but does anybody know of a website that compares reloaders? Eventually I'd like to crank out 9mm, .45ACP, .357Mag, 5.56, .308, .300BLK, and .300WinMag.

I have absolutely no clue in what I would need, but I know I need to stop pissing my brass away.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
gigabit,

Ya got your self a nice setup going on there!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dammit! I really need to get into reloading.

Not to de-rail your thread, but does anybody know of a website that compares reloaders? Eventually I'd like to crank out 9mm, .45ACP, .357Mag, 5.56, .308, .300BLK, and .300WinMag.

I have absolutely no clue in what I would need, but I know I need to stop pissing my brass away.
I like youtube.you can check out this guy... ultimatereloader. his videos are some of the best qualities, plus he uses and shows you how on many different brands/types of presses.

if I were to restart, I'd look into the lee classic turret purchased separately and without the kit. digital scale and calipers are the way to go. I like the cheaper lee pacesetter die set than some of the other more expensive rcbs or other precision dies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i wouldn't have derailed the brown santa thread but i have issue's with duc so i thought id stop in

as far as brown santa goes View attachment 1492 okay i have done my damage you may have your thread back sir ....Btw nice score on the goodies...
and just for fun you might want to get to know zee on zuks he's the guy with the reloading museum in his garage,,,,,,,,
7, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 4

1 - 20 of 24 Posts