ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious how many other people have tried the Lantac Dragon muzzle brake on their ACR's and what their impressions are? I bought mine shortly after purchasing the ACR and I have to say that it has reduced the recoil tremendously. I would reommend that anybody who has not had a chance to shoot a weapon with the brake to do so, as you will not be left dissapointed. I will warn you ahead of time it makes the 5.56 much louder, and if your looking for something to hide muzzle flash look else where, as it lets out quite the fireball in low light. The recoil reduction is hard to beat though, especially combined with an ACR which I feel has reduced recoil compared to the AR15 anyways. This is a photo with the device attached.
ACRDragon.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have had a couple brakes on my acr. they really help recoil, but I have learned to dislike the blast. It's just about personal preference though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I picked up a Miculek brake for my Remington 700 .308.. haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I hear good things as far as recoil reduction, and bad things as far as decibels and not range friendly. The Miculek brake for .223 can be had for under $40, which seems a steal compared to some of the other brakes I've seen. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That ATC looks pretty nice, might have to throw one on my AR. Lantac also makes a brake in .308 now I believe. With a brake it seems you can have one but not the other, its a question of use I suppose. I am willing to have a more controllable rifle at the expense of a little more noise. I also dont intend to use the rifle indoors or in any indoor defensive situations as I have a mossberg with some segmented slugs for any such occurance, not that that is necessarily a quieter option :)

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
When I first got my ACR I put the Miculek brake on it. It does wonders for recoil. But it is crazy loud. For a cheap effective brake, I recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts