ACR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and greetings from your, i guess, newest member. Glad to be part of your community.

I'll tell ya'll a little story about how I came to own my first ACR:

I have some property in NE Texas and the hogs are chasing the whitetails out and eating all the corn and protein pellets. My "Pig Rig" has always been a suppressed piston AR SBR in .300 blk with a thermal. Well, after a weekend hunting the "west Texas way" of MUCH longer range hunting, with a couple family members, i decided i needed to use a different caliber that 300 blackout (i only use subsonic because that is what my suppressor is rated for). I have several AR's and wanted something different. So after several weeks of research (SCAR/XCR/ACR/Bren) i decided to get an ACR to take over as my pig rig.

As you all know, the ACR has a few shortcomings, and that's where i need some help. The thing needs some upgrades before I'll be satisfied with it.

I already dropped in an old Geissele 2 stage i had laying around and that "solved" that issue right off the bat, and i stuck a socom brake on the barrel instead of that pingy flash hider.

I'll start a couple new threads with some questions i have. I just wanted to say hi to the group and introduce myself for now, and post a current pic.

I'm Doug.

Thanks all.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oh yea, and i wanted to send a shout-out to the kid i bought this fine weapon from. He's a former Marine, current Army NCO, and a kick-ass MF'er. I won't mention his name or where he is stationed, but he knows who he is. Thanks again T, proud to call you my friend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts