ACR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good gun carry bag that doesn't scream, "LOOK AT ME, I'M FULL OF GUNS!!" It doesn't need to bee too large, but large enough to hold more than one broken down rifle. I'm looking at the KDG Apparition Bag and the Haley INCOG, but I figured I'd see what y'all are sneaking around with. Pictures are always welcome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found out that my old laptop bag fits the ACR (broken down) in the main compartment along with 4 mags in the front zippered pockets AND it fits perfectly in my Cherokee's spare tire well. It's not a perfect solution, but works for now. I've read that article. I guess I know what the bags are so they don't seem all that subtle. That or they are just too small (like the racquet bags) for my intended purpose. That LaRue in blue though... Haha. A diaper bag would throw people off (and I'm told babies attract women).....

·
Registered
232 Posts
I used a soft guitar gig bag for the longest time before I got an actual case for my ACR simply because it worked and I didn’t care. You can use almost anything that looks “everyday”. If you have the folding stock, it fits in a midsize backpack or hiking pack pretty easily. Rolling luggage could work and be easy to transport around. Maybe I’m missing the point but I don’t see the necessity of spending 200 bucks on a special bag that “doesn’t look like a gun case” when you could just buy any other bag that’s not a gun case and repurpose it. Don’t over think it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: I've been AWOL lately, but I ended up going with the Tuff Products bag. It's a bit larger than the LaRue/NcStar bags which I needed to fit my MDR without disassembly. The dividers are handy, but not the best for my application. The handles seem sturdy enough to handle the MDR, CZ Scorpion, 2 handguns, ammo, magazines, and basic range gear. The strap's mounting points don't inspire confidence, but I may just be paranoid. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
20180825_131523[1].jpg Here's a picture of one way I have the bag loaded. It doesn't bulge and nothing really rattles too much. I do have the MDR secured with the supplied tie-downs, but the Scorpion just kinda sits on top of it.

Yea, I pre-ordered one but actually won the giveaway last year so I got really lucky. I have a .223 conversion on order, but they wont be out until all the .223 pre-ordered rifle orders are filled so it'll be awhile. I've put about 500 rounds through it so if anyone is interested in a write-up, I can do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts