ACR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=204.msg1115#msg1115 date=1287286355]
Do you guys ever wish you just bought the black one!
[/quote]

Yes

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Really?

I bought a black one, (I'm a traditionalist, and its easy to hide from wife if they all black ;D ) just curious why you guys feel that way. Don't like the shade of brown, or somethin else. I'm just curious

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love the shade of brown! but ive just been looking at everyone else's all black rifles and im just like damn that looks like sexy. That and its not a pain in the ass to find grips and rail panels etc etc (cool guy stuff) to put on black rifles!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha that how i have mine set up right now because i was tired of waiting for tan parts. what part of texas are you from

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=204.msg1119#msg1119 date=1287289321]
i love the shade of brown! but ive just been looking at everyone else's all black rifles and im just like damn that looks like sexy. That and its not a pain in the ass to find grips and rail panels etc etc (cool guy stuff) to put on black rifles!
[/quote]

Yea, I know what you mean. I have aquired decades worth of black stuff and didn't want to start collecting another color. And your right, it just looks plain nasty in black!!

8)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd never trade my Coyote! Never! I still own the black rifles but they've been the same for so long it's nice to have options.

If you like the black then why not two-tone it and pick up a handguard and stock in black? I saw someone do that with a black ACR and coyote furniture over on barfcom.

·
Registered
138 Posts
whoa guys, why all the tan hate?...i have to disagree...everyone knows tan is the new Fuchsia in most fashion circles...i guess it depends on ones inclination...which i have heard can be broken down into 5 phenotypes : show-of-force guy, showoff dude, showdown guy, showtime dude, and weakling loser...i, being almost a master at the "rick flair weakling loser" phenotype, will try to explain further on the said subject....if, for example, all four show-guys walk down the street bearing their black arms...they will most likely cause a natural anthropological reaction...which include, but are not limited too: scaring the s#!% out of the sheeple and getting napalmed...i, on the other hand bearing a tan rifle, a pink lunchbox, and clark kent nerd glasses will NOT get napalmed...i live my life around that eternal maxim (as everyone should): "don't get napalmed." :))

...sorry guys reading that was probably a waste of time... but hey if you can rant about not getting color coordinated tan accessories for your new acr in a timely fashion....where is the fuss about barrels?... 6.8, 6.5, 7.whatever.. give me something...anything...i am officially taking the A off of my ACR until i can get a barrel....

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=DSM link=topic=204.msg1123#msg1123 date=1287320549]
I'd never trade my Coyote! Never! I still own the black rifles but they've been the same for so long it's nice to have options.

If you like the black then why not two-tone it and pick up a handguard and stock in black? I saw someone do that with a black ACR and coyote furniture over on barfcom.
[/quote]

I think you were referring to mine. I posted pics here: http://acrforum.com/index.php?topic=134.0

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=johnny smithsonian link=topic=204.msg1133#msg1133 date=1287398446]

... but hey if you can rant about not getting color coordinated tan accessories for your new acr in a timely fashion....
[/quote]

its not about color coordinating. I love my Tan ACR! but i would just have to agree that the Black ACR is F'ing Sexy as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
...hahaa agreed mr. rogue it is sexy...for some reason i still love the tan man...still in the process of color coordinating mine... :)) i guess we will have to wait for the shotshow in jan. to see when we can get more accessories on our CR's...
apologies about my humor its deadpan and black(sometimes tan)...

they should probably move my last post to the whining section... :-X

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Tan is the only color I would consider for the ACR. Maybe OD if that was an option, but never black.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
i want a tan enhanced acr bad, they were sold out and i was too impatient to wait for one, so i bought a black one, i'd trade but mine has a form 1 in the pipeline at the moment

guess ill probably have to buy a tan one too

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=bigdog2003_99 link=topic=204.msg1143#msg1143 date=1287442762]
i want a tan enhanced acr bad, they were sold out and i was too impatient to wait for one, so i bought a black one, i'd trade but mine has a form 1 in the pipeline at the moment

guess ill probably have to buy a tan one too
[/quote]

I did the same as you. I wanted the Brown ACR but settled for the black one because it was the only one they had. Eventually I bought a brown one and now I have both. I must say though that the novelty of the brown wore off quickly but I never get tired of looking at the black one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love my Coyote Enhanced ACR, if anything I may purchase a black one in the future.

Stan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts