ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an extended charging handle so we can run the PEQs on the top rail. Need a COTS solution not a OTGB solution.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Peq 15/16 shouldn't get in the way. Unless you have an old peq 2

Reactions: kjsl105

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Honestly, do you actually believe that if I were asking this question, that I wouldn't have it in front of me?
Easy, killer. Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you have to have it on the top rail? I'm not that familiar. I've seen posts here from other users with theirs mounted on the side that seem to work well, but I'm not sure which models they were using.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy, killer. Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you have to have it on the top rail? I'm not that familiar. I've seen posts here from other users with theirs mounted on the side that seem to work well, but I'm not sure which models they were using.
Right now it is on the right (3 o'clock) rail. I want to mount it on the top (12 o'clock) rail so I can doff my vertical grip and run the pad on the rail. If I remove the BUIS there is no issue. However you run a BUIS for a reason. So, I need an extension.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Right now it is on the right (3 o'clock) rail. I want to mount it on the top (12 o'clock) rail so I can doff my vertical grip and run the pad on the rail. If I remove the BUIS there is no issue. However you run a BUIS for a reason. So, I need an extension.
Hmm. Maybe APWR could get you an idea. Maybe even get an extension fabricated for you. but that would, of course take time.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Rogue, you asked a question, I made a reply with my knowledge of the 15/16 models, both of which I have extensive experience. No need in being a dick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Looks like you're going to have to glue the PEQ16 to the charging handle (only) and pull the whole PEQ16 back to charge it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like you're going to have to glue the PEQ16 to the charging handle (only) and pull the whole PEQ16 back to charge it.
Finally, an astute and educated suggestion lol!I was thinking JB WeldThanks for not suggesting that I (a) "just put it on the side rail" or (b) "just take off the BUIS". Some people can claim extensive experience. However, one never knows if that is extensive experience doing it the wrong way from jump street and just assuming they know what they're talking about.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Just one consideration, and not to insult anyone's intelligence, but depending on how the Big Dog locks up to the gun (receiver or handguard?), the PEQ16 will have to mount up to an immovable piece so you're not losing dope because you had to remove something. i.e. if the Big Dog were attached to the handguard, if you removed the handguard, the dope of your LASER will change when re-mounted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, ok what is this "Big Dog"? Is this like a "asphinctersayswhat?" joke? I'd rather have a way to move the CH back 2.5".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking at your setup and CH, do you think a relocation / replacement handle that is 2.5" back would have any trouble functioning the same as the OEM does? ( leverage wise )
Though I played with legos as a child I do not claim to be an engineer lol. If someone builds it, I will try it. Can you send me a link to this "Big Dog"?

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Dana? I believe it is a (complete 4 sided) rail extension that mounts to the front of the gun giving the end user more real estate. I am not 100% sure how/where it attaches however.

Ryan(APWR) had an awesome vid of the different steps of the project and it looks promising.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the Bigdog rail will work for the civi barrel. However, it may not allow you to access the gas regulator on the mil version. I'm sure were going to see a redesign of the ACR from this Improved Carbine Competition and one of those well be relocating the CH.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts