ACR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this... seems BM didn't cut the receiver openings long enough, thus allowing the steel charging handle to impact the front (or rear if you pull back hard enough) slot opening on the upper receiver. Steel charging handle vs aluminum upper? Well, again - not a huge deal... it's cosmetic and after enough use, will eventually stop peening the receiver but I hate to say it as an ACR owner - another one of those things BM didn't take into account. Anyone else noticed? I played with a SCAR not too long ago that had over 10k rounds through it, and it did not exhibit peening even with a cyclical charging handle. :tinhat:

Welp - tossed the gen 1 mbus sights in favor of gen 2 units and will sling a few more rounds down range tomorrow. Viva la ACR!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The peening caused by the charging handle will stop. My ACR has 4000 rounds thru it and the peening hasn't got any worse after hitting the 500 round mark. The charging handle has a spring action to it and when the handle is released when charging the rifle, it snaps forward. The only thing in it's way is the front of the charging handle slot.

Lots of words to say it normal and probably an oversite during testing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The peening caused by the charging handle will stop. My ACR has 4000 rounds thru it and the peening hasn't got any worse after hitting the 500 round mark. The charging handle has a spring action to it and when the handle is released when charging the rifle, it snaps forward. The only thing in it's way is the front of the charging handle slot.

Lots of words to say it normal and probably an oversite turning testing.
Roger that... just surprised that BM could have missed this during testing. Probably a couple of millimeters on either side would have taken care of the issue.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hey apwr, how about looking into an upgrade to mill in a steel strike plate for the charging handle? Wouldn't have the first clue to do it and keep it lo-pro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
here at a.t.p we do peeing service.i used to think that it only was because i dry slide it with no barrel.so i tried the other side with barrel and i was wrong if your planning on refinish i can mill that shit right out or some jewelry files work awesome to.
The aluminum receiver of my ACR is getting badly scratched and dinged and I'd like to get it refinished (and have the peening filed away).

What sort of finishes do you offer?

Can you just refinish the aluminum receiver?

Could you PM me with info on how to get in touch with you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I kind of like my ACR having wear on it, that way it's appearance shows that it's not a safe queen and that I shoot my rifles, that said any good machinest could fix the slot your charging handle rides in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts