ACR Forum banner

Can't remove barrel.

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  ACRTOME 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, I have searched the forums and now am too buzzed to continue. So here's my problem, I just bought my ACR a few days ago, I am loving it very much, but when I decided I wanted to remove the barrel, I found that it wouldn't come out. I have tried everything short of smashing the upper receiver on a rock. Ok maybe not everything, but I have been tapping on it with a rubber mallet, I have also tried the two person tug of war. Right now I have some cleaner soaking on the trunnion. Mainly I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone has any ideas. Unfortunately the place I got it from has a no-return policy and the guy even told me that bringing it to them would just result in them sending it to BM for repair. I plan on calling them tomorrow, but as many people have said their CS may be lacking in the help that I need. So, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Much

#9 ·
This.

Happened to me as well. I'm sure it has happened to many here but who is gonna admit it?! :p

bfelts1ak trick does work especially with the way I tighten it down now which is the reverse. Two healthy whacks to tighten it down two notches.

#10 ·
This.

Happened to me as well. I'm sure it has happened to many here but who is gonna admit it?! :p
Well I did, and so did you. So many people will. Being my first rifle, I just wanted to make sure this was a normal issue and I shouldn't send it off to be fixed. I also didn't want to break anything. I actually also tap it in to re-seat it. Hopefully I will get it to the point that it easily swaps out. Especially when they release new calibers.

#4 ·
stupid question but is the bolt locked back?

they are a pita at first but they arnt that bad, sounds like something isnt right. when i pull then i lock the bolt back, rotate the handle and remove the whole qd screw/barrel nut assembly from the receiver then pull the barrel out

#5 ·
bigdog2003_99 I have tried it with the bolt back, forward and removed. No go. I will try the way bfelts1ak said and hope that works. I am just really concerned about damaging it. I will have to wait till tomorrow though, I don't want to try this while buzzed. I am sure I will get it, I just wanted to know if it was normally this tight, or if mine is just being an a$$.

#7 ·
Ok after hitting the right spots with the mallet it worked. Wasn't hitting hard enough either. Was concerned about breaking something. This is actually my first rifle, so hitting it hard wasn't something I was prepared to do until someone else said it was alright.
Thanks for the info. Now to clean and lubricate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.