ACR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Bushmaster today and 6.8 conversion will be available in November of 2011. The news for the 7.62 was not in 2011 and nothing further. 6.8 will be nice but the cost of the ammo will be allittle more. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
thats good news man, hopefully the caliber conversions arnt the only new parts released, i.e. stocks and rails (and maybe lowers) i know thats asking alot from a multimillion dollar company but still...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. While I don't doubt that they told you that, I doubt they will make it happen in Nov 2011.
I think at this point, we should all be in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mode. lots of promises unkept.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I didn't get my acr when they first came out but was the availability limited when they were first released? Id hate to see temporarily out of stock when I goto order a kit. Seems like alot of guys waited a long time for other parts such as stocks and hand guards.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
November now? Was this the same guy who said August? Did you ask about spare 5.56 and/or parts availability?

·
Registered
125 Posts
As long as it is in my hands by the end of my deployment I will be happy!Then I will be able to do the 6mm hager conversion!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Seeing is believing but thanks for the heads up. I would rather see replacement and accessories for the current 5.56.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Will there be a shorter barrel version of the 6.8 conversion from bushmaster?
Last I heard from Bushmaster the 6.8 Conversion is planned for release this year and the 7.62x39 for early 2012. Additional Barrels didn't have a release date or even a estimated release date...btw the 6.8 was supposedly going to be released early-mid summer and 7.62x39 late fall.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
They better get a f***ing 762x39 cal conv. out the door by early next year or sooner.i didnt spend all that money to to shoot .223/5.56.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Seeing is believing but thanks for the heads up. I would rather see replacement and accessories for the current 5.56.
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same opinion though I guess I can see that getting out a 6.8 is good PR. That would bring my 6mm SPC project closer to fruition. Excellent....

Speaking of working with what they have, if they just sold the standard 5.56 barrel with it's gay M4 profile it'd sell like hot cakes. Not to mention the interest a LW profile barrel would garner. I'd buy another one just to have on-hand, and to be all honest, I don't really care about the fancy schmancy melonite coating deal either. A good chromed barrel is just as good for me (I've got a few that are over a decade old with well over 10K through them that are just fine) and would be cheaper and easier to deal with.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same opinion though I guess I can see that getting out a 6.8 is good PR. That would bring my 6mm SPC project closer to fruition. Excellent....

Speaking of working with what they have, if they just sold the standard 5.56 barrel with it's gay M4 profile it'd sell like hot cakes. Not to mention the interest a LW profile barrel would garner. I'd buy another one just to have on-hand, and to be all honest, I don't really care about the fancy schmancy melonite coating deal either. A good chromed barrel is just as good for me (I've got a few that are over a decade old with well over 10K through them that are just fine) and would be cheaper and easier to deal with.
Seriously. I understand 6.8 needs quite a bit more testing. How hard is it to take barrel blanks and put the right sized hole in them? LW profile accessory barrel (both bare barrel and drop-in with gas system) should have been out at launch. Different lengths 5.56 should have also been out at launch. What they SHOULD have had:

all 5.56mm
18" lightweight bare barrel 1/7
18" lightweight bare barrel 1/7 with gas system
16" lightweight bare barrel 1/9
16" lightweight 1/9 with gas system
14.5" lightweight 1/7 with pinned FH (Enhanced/AAC) with gas system

If they want to gouge, just release with gas system. Maybe allow bare barrel purchases by CSR without putting them on the web site or something could be a "cool" thing to do, but not expecting it. I'm agnostic on chrome vs melonite. Just doesn't really matter to me. Stay melonite for their marketing goons or have some with chrome or not.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
One of the things that drew me into the ACR was the melonite coatings.
Don't get me wrong, it's nice. All I'm saying is that I've been getting on fairly well without for many years so it's not a deal breaker for me. If it makes production easier and cheaper to do without it then I'm not concerned provided at least some sort of protection is offered like chroming.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.