ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy an ACR!

I live in north-NJ, so I've been pricing around for the Bushmaster Basic State Configuration (#90720) and have found them anywhere from $1850-$2400.
But every dealer I've gone to has told me that their distributors haven't seen any for months, since Remington bought Bushmaster & moved production to Ilion, NY.

This is a little concerning bc after the 2010 recall & lackluster numbers, I don't know what Remington intends to do with the future of the ACR platform. Are they going to discontinue the Bushmaster ACR? Are they going to overhaul it & re-release something like the ACR-V2 to consumers? Are they going to drop Bushmaster & offer a Remington product to civillains instead?

Don't get me wrong, I love the ACR weapon system. But before I make a $2000 investment, I want to know ...should I keep scrounging around trying to find someone sitting on a Basic State Configuration? Or should I wait until next quarter to see if Remington makes any announcements about what's coming down the pipe?

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
There's a hell of a pizza place in nutley not far from you. Anyway id search around for a basic and have a state compliant muzzle device attached. A guy on here usually posts gunbroker deals. Hey can be had for under $1700 often times. Look around. If you get a good deal on one you'll enjoy it regardless if the platform goes anywhere or not.

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what I've learned over the past few month on this forum is that BM lags and Remington is also a part of the freedom group so I imagine if we ever have a Remington ACR in our hands it will be next quarter........quarter century.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I want to buy an ACR!

I live in north-NJ, so I've been pricing around for the Bushmaster Basic State Configuration (#90720) and have found them anywhere from $1850-$2400.
But every dealer I've gone to has told me that their distributors haven't seen any for months, since Remington bought Bushmaster & moved production to Ilion, NY.

This is a little concerning bc after the 2010 recall & lackluster numbers, I don't know what Remington intends to do with the future of the ACR platform. Are they going to discontinue the Bushmaster ACR? Are they going to overhaul it & re-release something like the ACR-V2 to consumers? Are they going to drop Bushmaster & offer a Remington product to civillains instead?

Don't get me wrong, I love the ACR weapon system. But before I make a $2000 investment, I want to know ...should I keep scrounging around trying to find someone sitting on a Basic State Configuration? Or should I wait until next quarter to see if Remington makes any announcements about what's coming down the pipe?

jetguns.com. its where i got mine im in sussex county.1600.00.theyre asshats but they gave me a good deal.and get out of new jersey.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You'd better find one quick and buy it. The way this government and the voters are making poor decisions, we may not be able to buy them soon.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You'd better find one quick and buy it. The way this government and the voters are making poor decisions, we may not be able to buy them soon.
I'm more worried about them kicking down our doors at 2am and taking them. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that at the very least a huge ban is on the horizon, and this time with no grandfather clause.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I'm more worried about them kicking down our doors at 2am and taking them. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that at the very least a huge ban is on the horizon, and this time with no grandfather clause.
If this happens I literally am going to fight till my death. They will not take my guns while I am still alive.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Honestly, I think your right. That's why I bought the FiveseveN! The US is the last stumbling block. They'll probably destroy the economy first. That will make it easier as 2/3 of the population kill each other off. Then, mop up what's left and take the weapons as they move through.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Honestly, I think your right. That's why I bought the FiveseveN! The US is the last stumbling block. They'll probably destroy the economy first. That will make it easier as 2/3 of the population kill each other off. Then, mop up what's left and take the weapons as they move through.
Once again Sam it's scary how much we think alike, lets hope to God we are dead wrong this time though. Since I was a child in the mid 70's I saw this coming I don't know how but I did. Gift or curse I don't know but I have had my ears and eyes open ever since while others continue to sleep in the "matrix".

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If this happens I literally am going to fight till my death. They will not take my guns while I am still alive.
Plan and be smart, never go off half cocked. Like minded people (patriots) are more valuable to the republic if they stay undead. ;)

Edit to add... Buy an ACR NOW! Don't wait, go out and find a slightly used one. The deals are out there, I got mine (Basic) for $1,355.00 shipped to my FFL. Wait too long and it might be too late, with the elections coming up and an unstable future the panic buying will drive prices up. Do it now, but do it smart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! This is my first rifle (and my first thread).
I was initially gonna do an AR-build, but I wanted something substantial, with a gas-piston & a side charge & a monolithic upper rail. And instead of piecing together a Franken-rifle (w/the Adams Arms piston kit & an ASA side charge) I found the ACR, fell in love & have been saving up ever since.

@mpow66m ...I checked out that JetGuns, but it seems like outside of NY/NY/CT/MA there's not really a big interest in even offering the State-compliant Configurations. Not only that, but they're sold out of every Basic/Enhanced model they had.

And honestly, I share your concerns about Big Brother escalating it's PR crusade against the 2nd Amendment the closer we get to this election (esp w/issues like the Trayvon/Zimmermen shooting & the Sgt. Bales Afghan incident in the media). So, I think the sooner I can find myself an ACR, the better.

I'm just hoping that after I get my hands on one, Bushmaster doesn't end up ultimately discontinuing the whole platform, bc the ability to accessorize is the one thing the AR has going for it. And if Bushy's lag w/their ACR barrel kits are any indication, then I'm more than just a little worried.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks guys! This is my first rifle (and my first thread).
I was initially gonna do an AR-build, but I wanted something substantial, with a gas-piston & a side charge & a monolithic upper rail. And instead of piecing together a Franken-rifle (w/the Adams Arms piston kit & an ASA side charge) I found the ACR, fell in love & have been saving up ever since.

I'm just hoping that after I get my hands on one, Bushmaster doesn't end up ultimately discontinuing the whole platform, bc the ability to accessorize is the one thing the AR has going for it. And if Bushy's lag w/their ACR barrel kits are any indication, then I'm more than just a little worried.
I'm going to go a little against the grain and say that an ACR (any ACR) is not a great first (or only) rifle.

100 times out of a hundred, I'd have a good quality AR or 2 and then dabble in less common designs.

Cost, parts availability, customization, etc.

Why do you want/need a piston gun?

What type of shooting do you plan to do?

What weapons do you have experience with?

On the other hand, Freedom group has too much money invested in the platform to just give up. On the Remington side, development is continuing at a fast pace and is in high gear around the IC competition. Bushmaster certainly has not picked up the Remington Defense improvements, but that is because the Remington design is not set in stone or even close to finished yet.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Do it! Great rifle and you won't have to unlearn bad ergos from the AR.

If you want to keep it budget, I'd recommend lightly used or maybe an SU-16. Still get the advantages of NATO 5.56 and still use STANAG mags, etc.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I want to buy an ACR!

I have to second what some have said about "if this is your first and only rifle". It is true the platform is still in it's infancy and if the SHTF tomorrow it would be impossible to find any support in the form of replacement parts ect. Where as on the other hand the AR is everywhere and so are the parts to keep it up and running. That is in no way putting down the ACR because believe me if the Shit really does hit the fan that's what I'm grabbing, it's a fine weapon. Then again I also have three top quality AR's waiting in reserve and plenty of parts to support them so I have the luxury of fall back weapons. A few basics are on tap for the ACR like an extra complete bolt, cam pin, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, firing pin spring and recoil spring. I'm pretty sure that would cover my basic field needs.

So in closing if cash is an issue a basic good quality AR will serve just fine and parts are abundant. Hell if we ever did get into a real SHTF situation there will most likely be spare rifles laying around, maybe even of the M4 variety. So if money is an issue you can get by with a very good quality AR for under $800.00, I've even seen some from time to time in the high $500.00's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
OMG when shtf I will totally abandon my totally awesome rifle that is predicted to have 1 failure in 7500 rounds to pick up an ar which at's it's army best has 800 failures in half as many rounds. I don't care about extra parts for my acr because when your ar jams up I will add it to my stockpile. The Remington and Bushmaster ACR's will never be the same - after the rifle contest is over if your lucky and the contest doesn't have a clause from preventing civilians from buying the rifles being presented as in past you might be able to get one. As far as them taking our guns - yeah that's why Christmas and Thanksgiving last year set records for gun registrations and over 14 million were sold last year. Don't believe the hype guns are here to stay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys! I'm actually wrestling with the idea of whether or not to buy an ACR this week. And since this actually seems like an interesting discussion topic, I threw up a new thread ("Is it ok to buy an ACR as my FIRST rifle?")

http://www.acrforum.com/forum/showt...d-really-use-some-feedback)?p=31096#post31096

Please give me some feedback & feel free to copy/paste whatever you've said on this topic to that thread. I've gone into a little more detail in the new thread (as far as my research, my experience level, my intentions for the weapon, and my logic as far as settling on the ACR). Any advice, criticisms or insights would be genuinely appreciated. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey guys! I'm actually wrestling with the idea of whether or not to buy an ACR this week. And since this actually seems like an interesting discussion topic, I threw up a new thread ("Is it ok to buy an ACR as my FIRST rifle?")

http://www.acrforum.com/forum/showt...d-really-use-some-feedback)?p=31096#post31096

Please give me some feedback & feel free to copy/paste whatever you've said on this topic to that thread. I've gone into a little more detail in the new thread (as far as my research, my experience level, my intentions for the weapon, and my logic as far as settling on the ACR). Any advice, criticisms or insights would be genuinely appreciated. Thanks again guys!
I posted a possible rifle for you in your other thread, go check it out.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
OMG when shtf I will totally abandon my totally awesome rifle that is predicted to have 1 failure in 7500 rounds to pick up an ar which at's it's army best has 800 failures in half as many rounds. I don't care about extra parts for my acr because when your ar jams up I will add it to my stockpile. The Remington and Bushmaster ACR's will never be the same - after the rifle contest is over if your lucky and the contest doesn't have a clause from preventing civilians from buying the rifles being presented as in past you might be able to get one. As far as them taking our guns - yeah that's why Christmas and Thanksgiving last year set records for gun registrations and over 14 million were sold last year. Don't believe the hype guns are here to stay.
Point being if the ACR breaks and your life depends on it, you at this point will be up shits creek without a paddle. You can barley get anything at this point from BM as far as replacement parts go that's why I'm getting a few of the usual suspect parts so I can without any doubt in my mind grab my ACR and GO. The AR has been around for over 50 years and parts are everywhere are a lot cheeper and would literally be laying all over the place if a true SHTF scenario broke out. How many ACR's do you think you'll find? That's the point, it's not to say the AR is better, it's all about practically.

And I hope your right about "Guns are hear to stay". But I doubt it, not the way it is now or what we are accustomed to if any at all.

Have we met my name is Debbie Downer :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts