ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a chart awhile ago comparing the XCR, ACR and SCAR.

Here is that chart reborn, as many customers cross shop the ACR, SCAR and XCR due to their similar features.

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide which is the best, but hopefully this guide will help you decide where you money is best spent.

If you believe I have some incorrect info, just let me know I will make the change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think Remington/BM will offer a 6.8Rem SPC conversion for the ACR no?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My bushy rep say my 6.8 conversion is on the way. Within a week. Cost around 600$. Barrel and gas system, mag, and bolt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Bushmaster Rep I talked to told me to expect the 6.8 spc conversion kit during spring of 2011. Hopefully they are selling it by the time the NRA convention is going on in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
My bushy rep say my 6.8 conversion is on the way. Within a week. Cost around 600$. Barrel and gas system, mag, and bolt.

7.62x39?...............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would you want a SCAR over a ACR? I've got both a SCAR 16 & 17 and the quick barrel change is what really is nice! Plus, the thin barrel on the SCAR will glow cherry read after three 30 round magazines in full auto mode. Is the 1/2 pound weight difference, I'd still stay with the ACR. How many rounds are thru your ACR and how old is it. I'm a FFL 07 dealer and if the price is right I might be interested. Dealer cost for an enhanced model is about $1,[email protected] We had a few in the store that sold for around $1400 to [email protected] depending on the model, Basic vs. enhanced and condition. Some had such barrel errosion and the chambers were all clogged due to using Russian ammo that we had to do a major maintenance on the barrels to clean out all the crap!
GLWBEAR

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Aha o, I just got slightly aroused by your post. Please say your not bull shitting us.

And it's ACR all the way. If I thought either of the other platforms were better I'd own it and not an ACR.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Aha o, I just got slightly aroused by your post. Please say your not bull shitting us.
I take it you didn't notice that the post you're replying to was from november 2010...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I take it you didn't notice that the post you're replying to was from november 2010...
No I did not, now I feel stupid :eek:. I should have known better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No I did not, now I feel stupid :eek:. I should have known better.
LMAO its all good, we've all been tricked at one time or another, just be glad it wasn't a tranny that got you :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
i prefer the acr the scar was my first pick but after a while since im lazy taking it apart was so much easier on the acr thats just my opinion but the scar does look mean as hell

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually had a chance to get a new scar at a very good price (mil discount) but chose to go for the acr instead because I like the setup alot more. The stock is much sturdier, the handguards stay cooler, the barrel is a much better profile than the pencil scar barrel. The only thing I'd love to see is the remington acr to be released publicly (or at least sell the handguard setup and lower receiver as accessories) and either a scar-like charging handle or folding charging handle like in the remdef catalog.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts