ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Atacs version is hot! I may have to save up for one...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now the ACR is at the price point it was originally expected at. I got my ACR Enhanced for 1800 and now see the basic for 1500. That in my opinion is an excellent price for a rifle that has soo much innovation and flexibility.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There are not many replacement parts and no barrels at this time that I know of. Hopefully, BM will do a better job that FN with their replacement parts and barrels for the SCARS...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think that the ACR is a small part of their overall operation that the bulk of the parts being made are going to rifle production with the rest going to the service department for repairs or what not. Having said that I believe that sometime later this year we'll see SKU's on the internal parts and probably ready made spares kits. Barrels on the other hand, I don't know. Everyone wants to be able to buy gas blocks and pistons for their own pet projects (I know I do) but it depends on what BM sees as the big $ maker; complete barrel assemblies or barrel kits.

One thing is for certain though, the ACR is picking up some steam. It'll be an exciting year to see what comes out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Agreed, caliber changes and flexibility is what this system is about. I hope you are right, I love this rifle. I just hope parts and assemblies become available: it will help increase sales inspite of the bad press on QC issues.
I believe the problems will be fixed and there are many problems to iron out. I think it will sell very well if caliber kits and parts become a available and if QC comes along....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Barrels on the other hand, I don't know. Everyone wants to be able to buy gas blocks and pistons for their own pet projects (I know I do) but it depends on what BM sees as the big $ maker; complete barrel assemblies or barrel kits.

One thing is for certain though, the ACR is picking up some steam. It'll be an exciting year to see what comes out.
...i think most of the projects being done are because of the lack of ACR barrels, whether they want shorter barrels or different calibers ...so i'd imagine at least in the beginning they would be straight assemblies...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I will be very upset if Bushmaster doesn't announce at least one new caliber for the ACR at the 2011 Shot Show next week. Whether it is 7.62x39, 6.8 spc, or the 300 aac blackout, I don't care, just give us more than one caliber to this "Multi-Caliber" platform.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
...i think most of the projects being done are because of the lack of ACR barrels, whether they want shorter barrels or different calibers ...so i'd imagine at least in the beginning they would be straight assemblies...
Gotta agree there, that's probably a big reason for current projects like the Spike's option. Though I've seen more than one person wishing out loud for a <insert random barrel manufacturer here> custom option. Given it takes AR barrels the possibilities are all but unlimited. Speaking of, I've got a 11.5" Colt barrel from an SBR build that I think would work great on my ACR. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I will very upset if Bushmaster doesn't announce at least one new caliber for the ACR at the 2011 Shot Show next week. Whether it is 7.62x39, 6.8 spc, or even the 300 aac blackout, I don't care, just give us more than one caliber to this "Multi-Caliber" platform.
+1!!!! I agree!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I will be very upset if Bushmaster doesn't announce at least one new caliber for the ACR at the 2011 Shot Show next week. Whether it is 7.62x39, 6.8 spc, or the 300 aac blackout, I don't care, just give us more than one caliber to this "Multi-Caliber" platform.
...yea it's a make or break issue with me...if there is no announcement, i'd say within 4 months, i'm going to sell mine before the price gets any lower...and wash my hands of it...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't know if I would sell mine, I might buy another rifle in another caliber if I really thought I had to. I don't want to let Bushmaster off the hook here, I want multi-cal, but the guns not exactly a POS.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't expect any caliber conversion kits until there is a large enough user base in place to justify the additional tooling and logistical burden.

The faster people buy the ACR, the faster kits will drop.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I wouldn't expect any caliber conversion kits until there is a large enough user base in place to justify the additional tooling and logistical burden.

Luckily the bulk of their investment in producing kits is mostly rebranding an AR barrel and then reprogramming the CNC to open up the bolt face.

I'm guessing the kit situation will be in the top 3 questions at SHOT with respect to the ACR.

·
Registered
138 Posts

...man i hope that's not the case...that's like Ferrari saying: well, till we get a large enough user base for this expensive thing, we will only offer it with one door and first gear...cause it doesn't justify the additional tooling and logistical burdens...even though we advertise/market it as a fast 2 door car...
....or as an adaptable multi-caliber rifle....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts