ACR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received our first batch of rifles in Canada, any preference in ammunition in the 1-9 twist carbines, your input and advice would be appreciated.

gadget68

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Gadget some testing here by one user has indicated an actual barrel twist of 1:8. Most tests that I've seen in review articles seem in line with that by showing better accuracy with middle of the road bullet weights. 62gr (M855) is what seems to best for me for my uses, but even heavier weights have been more accurate.
See link:
http://www.gunblast.com/Bushmaster-ACR.htm

·
Registered
738 Posts
I typically use 55 to 62 gr rounds. You could probably go up from there in a pinch, but that's what she's built for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome and information I am going to be shooting Swiss P RUAG 63gr FMJ, it shoots 4 inches or better out of the Swiss Arms rifles at 300 meters.

gadget68

·
Registered
15 Posts
you have them up there now? thats sweet, do you have to have a special permit for them like they do for the g36's and such?
Yes I'm waiting on my to come in 18.7" match .223 wylde chambered barrel, Above 18.5" makes it Non-Restricted meaning I can take the rifle anywhere I want without any stupid
transport restrictions.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Transport laws as in simply going to the range or hunting? 16 is the minimum in ny I don't mind it so much. Partially due to my acr being my shortest rifle. That's nice that the rifle is making its way up there.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Barrel twist is not an exact science

1/9 could lean more toward 1/10 or 1/8, so your mileage with with anything above 62gr will vary.

Mostly I use 55gr and 62gr, and have never had an issue with 1/9 or 1/7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts