ACR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when watching Military Arms Channel video that when they push the rear takedown pin, his bolt carrier stays in place. Coupled on recent look at the manual, I see they also seem to show the BC staying in place. Mine is kinda springing out... just a tiny bit, but the tip always wants to nudge out. Doesn't seem to matter if I put the charging handle forward to leave it before the 'click'. To reassemble, I also gotta slightly push it forward before I'm closing it. Am I doing something wrong or missing a crucial (or not so) detent or something?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The firing pin spring has tension on the bolt as well so being a spring it wants to be in a relaxed state and not compressed. That's why it pops out. Try tilting the barrel straight down when you reinstall the takedown pin. The weight of the bolt/carrier should hold it in battery.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The firing pin spring has tension on the bolt as well so being a spring it wants to be in a relaxed state and not compressed. That's why it pops out. Try tilting the barrel straight down when you reinstall the takedown pin. The weight of the bolt/carrier should hold it in battery.
+1. Mine doesn't pop out, but I have to either let gravity work on the carrier or push it in slightly to get it in the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts