Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Coyote Brown

Votes: 13 43.3%
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sending in my order for a basic folder at the first of next week but i just cant make a decision on what color!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I choose black, but everything I own is black. Easier to hide from the financial minister when I pull one out of the safe. They all look the same to her. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
No finance minister here so I picked up the attractive, yet understated Coyote Tan.

But know that only place where you can find matching color PMAG's is from Bushmaster. FDE doesn't quite match. But I'm perfectly happy with my beautiful Coyote Tan rifle.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Coyote, 'nuf said.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ordinarily, I don't like FDE, two-tone, etc but the Coyote Brown ACR has always appealed to me for some reason.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I choose black, but everything I own is black. Easier to hide from the financial minister when I pull one out of the safe. They all look the same to her. :)
Haha very true, I was actually a bit insulted when I pulled my ACR out of the safe and the lady simply stated "that just looks like another AR to me". :rolleyes:

+1 for Black

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought my ACR. Went with brown. Esthetically I think they both look sexy, but I chose brown for the more practical reason of camoflague. Granted, the human eye sees movement and shape before color, but it goes with the same reasoning that caused the army to remove black from their (horrible) combat uniforms: black theoretically stands out anywhere except in the dark. The brown also matches my ACOG that I transfered from my M4, which is nice.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The brown also matches my ACOG that I transfered from my M4, which is nice.
It does? Was it custom painted? The FDE Acog's are too light compared to Coyote Brown, so I'll probably just get a black one eventually. Most likely a TA31F-RCO, though I also like the RMR one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish bushy would offer an acr in magpul FDE color, that would have been my choice from the start. But the coyote just throws it off enough for me to hesitate since i have sooo many fde (and black) pmags and my eotech is fde.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It does? Was it custom painted? The FDE Acog's are too light compared to Coyote Brown, so I'll probably just get a black one eventually. Most likely a TA31F-RCO, though I also like the RMR one.
Close enough for my satisfaction:

Not a perfect match, but it doesn't have to be. The enamel I used on my grip and bipod wasn't a perfect match either, but again close. It works better than black accessories on a brown rifle.

Yea, maybe esthetically, it'd look better if everything was identical. However to me the point is concealment; make an enemy's eyes look past you as he scans. Black is more likely to stick out than brown. If the browns aren't identical, oh well. I don't lose any sleep over it. And besides, I still think it looks nice. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Of course if you want it brown brown like I did, you can do it yourself. You can dye any FDE parts to match too. Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If the browns aren't identical, oh well. I don't lose any sleep over it. And besides, I still think it looks nice. :)
True that, it does look pretty good. If Trijicon would put a chevron on one of the dark earth ACOG's, I would probably be sold

·
Registered
55 Posts
This will never be settled. I love my black, but this debate has got to end. We should all just buy one of each.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yar, think I will want to get a black one, too. What if they actually do something like Magpul Foliage Green?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.