ACR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I've got the same MSR Pocket Rocket but as mentioned you need to carry around fuel. If this stove can run at the same temps with just twigs and charge my electronics, that sounds perfect. It would replace my gas canisters, stove and solar charger.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I did finally buy a BioLite CampStove Bundle. The stove seems very well made. I recently attended the Overland Expo East. The stove was purchased to use for cooking duties while camping. The Taylor Ranch however, did not allow fires at their campground at the Expo. As of today, I have not used the stove yet. I'll try to get some use in and post a review.

SamM

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I used mine again recently. It holds it's charge for months on end. I haven't tried it's USB charging capabilities much but have read it's priority is to self charge it's motor. It's pretty hungry and needs a steady supply if sticks. Try using knots and dense pieces that'll burn better.

I did did get the grill they offer but returned it. Unlike the stove, the grill seemed cheaply made. It was huge. Fine for a camping trip but not so much an outing. I'd like to see the other unit they have for boiling water. The stove is supposed to store inside it. Maybe not the most compact setup but you can do a lot with it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts