ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found this very interesting product called the BioLite CampStove. During my trips on a motorcycle, I usually carry a WhisperLite Camp Stove which is very compact but requires me to carry bottles of fuel for the stove. Can you imagine a product that will do the same thing, but will not require fuel and will also charge your small electrical devices? Wow! I have already showed my wife and daughter the website and have asked for one of these for Christmas. They make a bigger HomeStove which I would love to have for use at home in emergency situations.

Just one more great product to help us be more independent!

Link: BioLite - BioLite Stove

SamM

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just saw this the other day in a magazine and was like wow, talk about awesome! I'm interested in seeing some reviews. This would be great for backpackers, and preppers.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, my overall goal is to someday be off the grid. I'm looking at small log homes now. If I can find something small and efficient to move up into the woods a little further, I'd be a happy man. I'm not far enough out into the wilderness yet. The BioLite CampStove and better yet, the HomeStove would work well for me. A portable solar system and a wind generator to charge batteries for night time use would do perfect for me. Add in a composting toilet and I could be totally self-sufficient.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Sam this is a great find, bravo!

I book marked it :cool:.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Welcome to Obamastan! It's inevitable. :(

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
No fuel. That's pretty crazy. I like it!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not get the BioLite Stove for Christmas. My wife tried but the stove is not shipping until the end of January.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Well if you get one, let us know. I'm kind of interested. It would be an awesome tool to have in a sticky situation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
973 Posts
I got one of these not long ago. It uses gas, so it's reliant on fuel, but still very compact.

Pictured with a pen from my shop for a sense of scale...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Two stoves might be crazy but I'm thinking would need one bio-lite and one with propane/spare cannisters if there's not much kindling around

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I got one of these not long ago. It uses gas, so it's reliant on fuel, but still very compact.

Pictured with a pen from my shop for a sense of scale...
I have that same one. I used it in Afghanistan. Workers well. Brings a family sized can of soup to eat temperature in about 3 min and barely uses fuel at that.

Sent from my Apple II

·
Registered
73 Posts
+1 I have this as well, great little unit. I am interested in seeing reviews on this no gas unit sam mentioned thou.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I got my biolite about a month ago. It's incredibly efficient. I used it in a swamp without the best fuel and after about a half hour of use I let it burn out. Once it gets cranking it produces no smoke and very little ash is left over. That shows how efficient it is. The power pack stows in the body do its about jetboil size.
I wrapped mine in a cloth to help protect it in my pack. It boils water extremely quickly. I'd recommend this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts