ACR Forum banner

Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3. Which do you want to play more?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost time for BF3 (October 25, 2011) and MW3 (November 8, 2011)

In the past, it was a given, Modern Warfare, was the shit. However, MW2, left me feeling slightly cold. It was more like Quake3 Arena in terms of the multiplayer run and gun.

Now we have BF3 which looks like it really is what modern warfare should be about.

So I must ask, which does everyone want to play more?

Personally, I'm looking more forward to BF3. It looks incredible.

While MW3...well. It kinda looks like ass in comparison

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Both look good. Mw2 won me back I wasn't a cod fan till then. I didn't play much battlefield. Ill give both a try. Im getting he ps3 version because my xbox is a p.o.s. and freezes. Its been a long time since I had internet. Do most guys here play on xbox or ps3?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'll more than likely get both for my Xbox. Not sure how much multiplayer I'll be able to get in though. I especially just want to finish the storyline for MW and BF3 has garnered my attention, though I've never played the series.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
So mw3 is continuing the story from 2? Does battlefield have campaign? I thinkhave i played a demo for 2. I was always impressed with the ghost recon games but hated the multiplayer engine. Future soldier looks good. I loved mw2 online. Battlefield just seems fun.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
MW3 same old tired concept,nothing cahnges.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
MW3 same old tired concept,nothing cahnges.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
really???? Damn that's why I didn't like black ops. It was so.....dry? I guess. Didn't have online so there was no enjoyment. I liked the mw2 weapons and equipment. Hope im not let down. Call of duty seems hit or miss. They were losing fans cause the countless enemies till you advance got old. The first modern warfare was fun and it was a good run. I couldn't get into black ops but the series seems driven by online gaming. I enjoy a good campaign. But ill try all the new games and trade them in if bored. I picked mw3 cause its what I know.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I play on Xbox. I'm a MW guy. I tried BF2 and really liked the campaign. The multiplayer online took a while to get used to, but when I did, I enjoyed it....for a while. Eventually, I got tired of using the same non-descript weapons. I'll probably wait for BF3 to get to the used rack or Christmas.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Im big on the weapons. Kind of bias even though its only a game and exclusively use ones I have personally used. Kind of obsessed but I used only the acr in socom 2 and the m4/m16 in cod.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll get both. IMO the battlefeild games left something to be desired. Hopefully BF3 will be on par with MW3. I liked all of the MW games with the exception being Black Ops....thought it sucked.

Flashpoint Red River is an OK game, been playing that lately.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Moh ftw............

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any good? What do you like about it?
I think it is ok.
It is different from the other games as you need to stay with your unit and work as a team. You command them to advance, follow, suppress, ect.
I don't like all of the talking and waiting in the game, seems they wanted to make it as real as can be. You get breifed and yelled at while in the hummer or plane waiting to get to the next spot.
Graphics are ok and the guns are real.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Moh ftw............
I wish they would have put more into the campain mode. This was the first online game I liked and felt everyone had a equal chance.Wish there was a 2player option also.
I didn't like that the guns were limited, there could have been more so you can upgrade to better ones.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
well maybe the next moh will have all that and more.;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The last MOH had a great, albeit too short campaign. I thought the online play was not my thing, but not necessarily bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Battlefield 3 is more a well... battlefield... it brings so much more to the table in terms of realism, and vehicles being pioltable. There is competition in my mind. COD refuses to learn from their mistakes and thats why battlefield is a better series. COD is imbalanced and makes no sense. BUT COD has amazing campaigns. Also COD is more marketable becuase its a less hardcore shooter, alot less thinking about how to manuver or how to play. Battlefield is also more team based. And destructable cover wins in BF3.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts