ACR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to put a different barrel on the ACR? Is it possible with the "wrench" attached to the end? In some other posts, someone said to put a 14.5" Phantom to make it less front heavy. I was thinking to put a Noveske or Daniel Defense barrel on as an upgrade. If it was possible, would you get the one with the switch block?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I read somewhere on the AR15 forums that some did successfully installed a 1/7 barrel (I think a DD barrel) on their ACR but not sure on the outcome since i haven't been following it.

Another guy on Calguns.net sent his barrel out to get it shorten to 14.5in and to do minor changes to the gas ports.

I might wait till Bushmaster comes out with something more simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you remember where it was on the AR15 forum site? They are lacking a search button. Link?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yeah, I read about that guy using the DD barrel. It was awhile back and I don't remember the guy's name on there. IIRC, it worked but the ACR's gas port is smaller than on an AR barrel so it was getting too much gas. With the ACR gas system the way it is you could overcome that by boring into the gas regulator to release excess gas just like when it's on the "S" setting. A little bit of work but not difficult with the right equipment.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i wish BM would give us a time line more or less when we would see some barrels

im starting to get antsy and am thinkin about getting a daniel defense barrel and experimenting

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd sit tight on the barrel project for now unless you're starting from a barrel blank, or, gas regulators are sold as spares if you're gonna go the modified regulator route. I'd hate for you to have modified a part and it not work on either factory or new barrel. Your rifle would be kaput!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I tell you what I'm thinking about is a 6mm WOA conversion. Think 6.8 necked down to 6mm. Lighter bullets (not to mention better bullet selection), more velocity. Pure win. And I can't imagine a 90gr FMJBT not hitting like a ton of bricks. Alas, I need the 6.8 conversion so I can cannibalize the gas system, and of course, I need a 6.8 bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts