ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the sake of doing so, I took the barrel off my ACR this evening. When reattaching, how much torque is required to ensure it's back properly? I torqued the barrel until I couldn't hear it ratchet anymore and checked alignment via the U mark on the gas plug in relation to the front BUIS. Once centered, I left it alone. Not sure now if I'll have to re-zero at the range but I'll find out soon enough.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I've removed my barrel numerous times and have only seen a minor change in my zero

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Going to the final click is a good reference, but I agree: the best way is with a witness mark.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What issue was that?
Barrel was just loose enough to rotate, bolt lugs peened one side of the barrel extension at the root. I'll try and get some pics of it. Thing ws, I had it cranked pretty tight, so it either backed off, or you need to hulk the damn thing. . . .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barrel was just loose enough to rotate, bolt lugs peened one side of the barrel extension at the root. I'll try and get some pics of it. Thing ws, I had it cranked pretty tight, so it either backed off, or you need to hulk the damn thing. . . .
Ouch. Not good. Did BM replace the barrel for you, or did you live with it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still waiting on a response from them. Going on 2 weeks. . . .
Did you call or email?

I've tried emailing them a few times regarding some questions and only heard back from them once after several days. I have to say, I'm not real happy with their current level (or lack) of customer service. They were a lot better before the move. I hope they get things back to the way it was before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not impressed with their CS before the move. It took 2 weeks, 6 phone calls, and god knows how many emails before they got the RMA to me. Finally got it, and they agreed to take a look at a couple other issues (Charging handle peening, reciever screws backing out.) and they didn't do anything about it. Plus instead of 2 PMags, I got 2 of the craptacular 10 round mags which get hung up in the magwell and force me to use a mallet to get them out.

I'd love to find someone who has a spare barrel assy for a caliber conversion, and swap them my barrel assy for it. I figure since they are going to toss the stripped barrel away anyway, and my gas system is fine. . . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd be interested to see how extensive the peening is.

I just bought mine today, and it has a small amount of peening on a few lugs.. very small.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow..just how loose was that puppy? Mine has very little rotational play even with the nut completely unlocked.

Dave P

1 - 20 of 31 Posts