ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any after market firms enabling the use of AR15 barrels per the orginal Mapul claims? I guess the piston parts would be the hard part to get.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
What methods to restrict the gas flow? Filling in some/all of the gas block port and making a new one? I was considering a YHM 14.5" fluted barrel with permanently pinned flash hider...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
What methods to restrict the gas flow? Filling in some/all of the gas block port and making a new one? I was considering a YHM 14.5" fluted barrel with permanently pinned flash hider...
Don't buy a barrel with the flash hider already pinned! You won't be able to get the gas block on!

I posted that CMMG will sell you a barrel w/o a drilled gas port so your 'smith would be able to do what he needs to do. I've used CMMG barrels before and they worked fine for me.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ah... only way I'm gonna get something less than 16" out here is with it pinned. Guess that means I'll have to wait to see if BM offers kits with pinned flash hiders for those of us who live in pinko States where there's no chance of getting a stamp from BATFE.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Ah... only way I'm gonna get something less than 16" out here is with it pinned. Guess that means I'll have to wait to see if BM offers kits with pinned flash hiders for those of us who live in pinko States where there's no chance of getting a stamp from BATFE.
No, not really. Order a barrel, 14.5" or otherwise, and have it shipped direct to Adco (or anyone else that does the work, I always suggest them because I know they do good work). Ship your ACR barrel components to them and in probably a couple weeks you'll have a brand new barrel back.

Or, alternatively, they can cut and pin your barrel now. That's what I had them do while I'm waiting on a stamp.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'd want to keep the original, I think. I'd be willing to swap over my stock, too. I guess I'm waiting until 6.8 is offered, at least.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
ha ha, I've considered it. Arizona and Texas are friendliest to my hobbies (guns and cars), but I'm not as fond of the climate at either. I could consider Nevada or Utah...

·
Registered
80 Posts
utah is pretty awesome also as far as gun rights go. plus you dont get taxed as hard as nevada....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts