ACR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was super nice today so went to the range after work. We went through 500rds of that steel cased Hornady stuff. I was concerned as to how it would run in the ACR but it chewed 'em up and spit 'em out. Not one issue at all happily. Accuracy was 'good enough'. Well, we did have one issue. I had to get a glove out of the tool kit in the trunk because that handguard gets HOT!

I haven't busted the rifle down for PMCS yet (it's almost time for dinner...meatloaf. sweet.) but the only issue I had was the top most trunnion/rail screw started backing out. I'm going to go through the screws and loctite them all, just like the XCR. I believe short of the epoxy method Remmy/BM could use a slotted shank on the screws and then stake them from inside not unlike the shell latches on the 870.

Once I go through the rifle I'll post up anything else I might find of note. If not, consider this another successful and fun excursion. :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Sounds good. I've seen those Hornady steel rounds advertised, but this is the first report I've seen. How much did you pay for them & where did you get them from?
Please keep us updated on the screws.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The weather was super nice today so went to the range after work. We went through 500rds of that steel cased Hornady stuff. I was concerned as to how it would run in the ACR but it chewed 'em up and spit 'em out. Not one issue at all happily. Accuracy was 'good enough'. Well, we did have one issue. I had to get a glove out of the tool kit in the trunk because that handguard gets HOT!

I haven't busted the rifle down for PMCS yet (it's almost time for dinner...meatloaf. sweet.) but the only issue I had was the top most trunnion/rail screw started backing out. I'm going to go through the screws and loctite them all, just like the XCR. I believe short of the epoxy method Remmy/BM could use a slotted shank on the screws and then stake them from inside not unlike the shell latches on the 870.

Once I go through the rifle I'll post up anything else I might find of note. If not, consider this another successful and fun excursion. :)
Very niccccccceeeee!!

Had a couple of my rail screws loosen up. Torqued them to 35 in/pds and and haven't had an issue for last 2k rounds. If they loosen up again, i'll go the loctite route.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and dsm off topic, but i sent the crew the mounts and i didnt have anything for you ,because you bought one off myron a while back,could you use another or giveaway a bpqd,also i got a shoebox full of lc brass if you are intrested.i dont mind given them up to you.
OK, PM is en route.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryan- PM bounced, did I miss a different way of getting in touch with you?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. I've seen those Hornady steel rounds advertised, but this is the first report I've seen. How much did you pay for them & where did you get them from?
Please keep us updated on the screws.
Cabelas has it. It ended up being a shade over $100 but I don't remember exactly because I had a mailer coupon I used. I love that store being right down the road.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
$100 for 500rds? Thats great. I'll have to watch for it at my local Cabelas.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$100 for 500rds? Thats great. I'll have to watch for it at my local Cabelas.
That was after the coupon they sent me though but it was a good price even for steel cased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts