ACR Forum banner

Knowing Shot Show is coming, "V2" is coming, and no conversions, would you?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, can't wait. I could have ordered the Scar but wanted something more unique.

Now I'm racking my brain about optics for <$400'ish. Am thinking of a real 10x scope - so thinking of cheaper Leupold's, Nikon, or Osprey.

I'm also looking at red dots from primary arms with the 6x magnifier, or I'm looking at the sightmark pro with their 7x. I like having multiple reticle options. Going to shoot at 100yd most of the time, and want to see the POI on the outside, paper targets. Any suggestions from you guys are more than welcome!!

Chub :)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I like vortex viper pst scopes, the 1-4x24 is pretty sweet, you can get an aimpoint or eotech for 300ish if you look around

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also a left handed shooter and the enhanced model doesnt have a mid rear sling attachment I am goin to have a gunsmith do some work and see if they can put one on there like it does for RH shooters, MS2 or MS3 are my choice I love that I can go from 2 to single point sling, I am currently using the MS2 in Afghanistan and it has been a great peice of kit.. good luck let me know what you choose... and as soon as I get the work done for the sling attachment I will post a pic..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I did, although apples to oranges - black scar doesn't shoot as well as the coyote tan - ill never know how much better the FDE would have been :(.

Honestly, I have a black scar H, but I prefer shooting the ACR hands down - I just like the weapon manipulation more of the acr, as I'm a lefty.

I only bought the scar h for hunting purposes - amazing how much lighter it is than other .308s

Chib

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, the new SCAR's are greatly improved over what I saw the first go around...I still love my ACR, and will never sell it...
I have an ACR and currently two SCAR 16's and a 17. I have shot and followed the SCAR's, like the ACR's, since before they were available. I am a member of many forums and never have i heard of a SCAR recall, or a redesign.The folding stock release sometimes breaks but it has not been redesigned by FN.FN still has huge color differences in their FDE rifles - the ACR is much more consistant in that regard.So what are the changes in SCAR rifles since the first ones and what do you like better about them now since "the first go around"?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts