ACR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got my new Aimpoint PRO (pictures were posted) I mounted it to my ACR and got my laser bore sight out and sighted it in and it was dead on!!! I put it in the Pelican case and went to the range! I loaded up and took two shots and it was WAY HIGH ( I aimed center mass)! At first I thought i was just aiming wrong or some thing so I fired two more shots same thing! got the bore sight back out (since it was in my range bag) and checked it it was on!Any body have any reason what is up with it or why it could be off like that? I have a LaRue Tactical LT-150 Mount on it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Bore sighting is literally just for getting on paper. More adjustment usually needs to be done with live ammo. Nothing wrong with your optic.

BTW Why did you remove the Aimpoint PRO from it's included co-witness mount? That may have had some affect on the optic mounting angle. But, bore sighting is still not a dead accurate sighting method to be used alone.

I use Aimpoint PROs on a few of my rifles, and have sold a TON of them. They really are one of the BEST bang for the buck optics out there.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Why are you relying on a boresight? As mentioned above, it's meant to get you close. If you're "on paper" you should be able to dial it in.

I'm just curious why you didn't and blame the optic? If you zeroed in, then started experiencing erratic shot groups, I'd check for tightness to the weapon, and to the mount itself first.

This sounds like you put too much faith in a boresight. I'm hoping you at least had the good sense to continue to zero your Aimpoint without relying on a piece of kit. Weren't you one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
+1

most people bore site at really close range, (within 10 yards) Shots hitting high at longer distance would be normal, especially taking into consideration how high over the bore the aimpoint sits on most "modern sporting rifles"

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
+1

most people bore site at really close range, (within 10 yards) Shots hitting high at longer distance would be normal, especially taking into consideration how high over the bore the aimpoint sits on most "modern sporting rifles"
You got to it before I remembered to edit. Great point CJ.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it from La Rue Tactical and I wanted that mount because I have the La Rue LT144 for my AN/PVS-14 it puts them at the same height PLUS La Rue Tactical is made right here in Texas. I have bore sighted all mt rifle with no problem, once i got them to the range they hit paper and all I had to do was make small adjustments. This time was not the case! it sighted it in like all ways and at the range it was WAY HIGH, I was shooting at 100 yards.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sneek it in a little closer if you can, say 25 yards. Get it on paper then move out and fine tune. (just a suggestion that always works fer me)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea thats what i did i just got back from the range I started off at 25 yards and it was just on the paper so I adjusted then shot again and moved back till i got back to 100 yards not sure what the problem was!? thank you for the help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I woud say it was the bore sighter, What kind was it I have used the cheap Japan models to the bushnel models and have always had one problem or another. I actually saw one the the cheap ones laser move when I was sighting it in. I normally zero then use the bore sighter at 50+ then make adjustments as my range does not allow CF rifles under 50yds. Glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i have finally able to get some time to post picture of my ACR with the LaRue mount and PVS-14. before and after pictures. Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Optical instrument Gun barrel
Air gun Camera accessory Machine gun Camera lens Cameras & optics
I got a lot of things from LaRue Tactical that I did not order!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, they always send lots of goodies. Especially with optics-sized orders

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.