ACR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your advice on this rifle, it is legal in NJ, which is where I live which limits your options when looking at AK's in general. It comes with 2 proprietary 10 round magazines, additional ones are $50. It will not take high capacity magazines (which is why I think NJ allows it). It has a chrome lined barrel, cartridge chamber, gas cylinder, and bolt-support rod. It is russian made, stamped and comes with beautiful walnut thumbhole stock and handguard. Is it worth the $840 asking price? Is there a better choice in this price range? I would appreciate your opinions.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct967.aspx

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
VEPR's are nice rifles. They're built off of RPK receivers. And, if you live in a ban state then you have to get what you can get. The question you gotta ask is do you think the rifle is worth it to you? If you like it and will enjoy it then go for it!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I am still looking into Arsenal Ak's and if there is a NJ legal version that matches up to this. They tend to be less expensive but the Vepr is pretty sexy and looks to be worth it. I am going to have to shit or get off the pot at some point when it comes to AK's.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've owned a few different AK's over the years, Chinese, Romanian but my favorite by far is the one I built up myself. Got a Bulgie -74 side folder kit and a NoDak receiver. It was really fun to work with the rivets and the jigs and such. The AK is a crude little guy but it is very elegant in its simplicity. I ended up paying more in the end from buying the tools and such to do it though I think it was quite worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.