1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Looks like ya had fun, thanks for sharing. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, it was a great time. I'm thinking about having the barrel dimpled under the hand guard since the suppressor is going to add some more front weight. Has anyone done this yet? Anyone see any rigidity issues with doing this? I thought I remembered someone talking about having it done similar to this:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
barrel dimpling is sweet but its around 200+ to get it done, and a 3 week turnaround

If you do dimpling check out Marvin Pitts, he does really good work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea Marvin is the one who did the cut, pin, and reprofile on that barrel. I wanted to know if anyone thought it could cause problems with rigidity under the piston.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
heres the email i received, this is the prices i was quoted

the 10.5" is 175.00 and 225.00 for a 16" barrel
turnaround is 3 weeks

Here is my current price list and shipping info

Dimple barrels I charge 150.00 for the area behind the gas block

for the area in front of the gasblock:
10-12" +25.00
12-14" +50.00
14-16" +75.00
18-20" +100.00

I will sandblast the barrel for free
parkerize is: 25.00
parkerize + KG Gun Kote: 85.00

cut-down re-thread and re-crown AR-15 barrels: 75.00
cut-down re-thread and re-crown ACR barrels: 100.00 I can also re-barrel ACR barrels please ask for a specific quote
cut-down re-thread and re-crown FN SCAR Barrel: 150.00
Permanently attach your muzzle device for a legal 16" barrel: 45.00
Disassemble and reassemble your upper: 55.00
Pin your low pro gasblock 35.00

I also can provide other custom work so please ask

Please include instructions on what work you desire to be done

I pay for shipping via USPS Priority Mail: if you want insurance or to use a other carrier please include instructions and payment with your work order
I would prefer that you ship via US mail FedX and UPS are not a good choice seeing how I live in a rural area.
for me to pick up a packages at their local hub is a 45 min drive.
if you insist on using a private carrier I will have to give you an alternate address
average turnaround is 3 weeks
I accept personal checks and money orders
Thanks
Marvin Pitts
11634 Hwy 103S
Berryville, AR 72616

and the email nefariousarms @ live.com
remove the spaces

·
Registered
44 Posts
just put up two vid's in a seperate thread in this section sorry....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yesterday, I sent my ACR barrel to ADCO Firearms. They will be cutting, crowning, recontouring, dimpling, recoating and adding a new Blackout suppressor to it. The barrel will be cut to 14.5" and fully recontouring to the diameter that's located under the handguard. I'll post pictures once I get it back.

SamM

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yesterday, I sent my ACR barrel to ADCO Firearms. They will be cutting, crowning, recontouring, dimpling, recoating and adding a new Blackout suppressor to it. The barrel will be cut to 14.5" and fully recontouring to the diameter that's located under the handguard. I'll post pictures once I get it back.

SamM
IIRC the barrel is slightly thicker under the handguards than the section of the barrel in front of the gas block that is contoured for that M4 like cut.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
He'll probably just turn it down to the size in front of the gas block then. Hopefully, there's enough material there for the dimpling. I was concerned about that a little. I mentioned my project here because of the questions about dimpling posted earlier in this thread. The weight of the gun without the barrel and optic sight is great. I'd like to keep it that light but I'd rather not use it as a club. :)

SamM

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
in use, and definitely hot (Silencer Shoot 2011):

1 - 20 of 50 Posts