ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I am in Italy right now, but as soon as I'm back (about a week) I will be posting more testing videos...

Until then, here is my first of many. BTW, my next video will be co-sponsored by a local gunshop owner who has (unbeilvably!) agreed to let me test his FN SCAR alongside my ACR! That should be fun!

Future tests will include water, dust and sand tests for reliability. Accuracy tests and RTZ tests are planned also.

Hope you enjoy!

BUSHMASTER ACR TORTURE TEST P.1.m4v

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Welcome!!! you nut!! :eek: :eek:

I really enjoyed your 1st video, your camera guy is hillarious!!

One thing I learned, don't buy knock off BETA mags. ;)

Look forward to your add on vids

;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey great vid! I have a safe trip home, I've subscribed to your Youtube channel, I was wondering where you took off to. Looking forward to your test on the Scars ACR although FN isn't too friendly to civilians, they are making too much money selling to the GOV to care about the needs and wants of civilians even-though they are sponsoring 3 gun matches.

My money is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm still not decided on the XCR or the ACR, but I'm leaning towards the BM ACR? BM has a better chance of staying in business than Robinson Arms. The President of that company ought to just do R&D and let a professional run the company before he goes out of business. Great design but it's a horror form what I've read the President of RA say.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
................ The President of that company ought to just do R&D and let a professional run the company before he goes out of business. Great design but it's a horror form what I've read the President of RA say.
You anit kidding! I was about to pull the trigger on an XCR until I saw that letter. I can understand being frustrated, but count to 10 before you hit the send button. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy after reading that letter from the president of RA either.

Shame,,,,,,it really is a great design.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You anit kidding! I was about to pull the trigger on an XCR until I saw that letter. I can understand being frustrated, but count to 10 before you hit the send button. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy after reading that letter from the president of RA either.

Shame,,,,,,it really is a great design.
Neither are the folks who own XCR's... trust me, this letter will be studied for years at business schools across the country. This letter is akin to the "sign of the across" or the "kiss of death" from where I'm from, here in NJ...shame because I believe the rifle has a lot of merit in it's design. I'm not going to take my eye of this company though in the future.

·
Registered
279 Posts
go to ACRforum.com then under the third section down in the front page tiled, "Robinson Armament" go in there and look for topic titled "changes at Robinson Armament co. you'll fine the letter written by Alex Robinson, the president of XCR

·
Registered
226 Posts
Alex Robinson says mostly the things one would like to hear: More emphasis on quality control, investment in tooling, improvement in manufacturing processes and re-vamped staff.
But he went kind of haywire with the idea of putting some peoples repairs on the back burner if they were rude. It probably is what happens already in a lot of businesses; it is human nature but probably should not be spoken. I mean reasonable people can disagree. He seems over the top with these comments. What happens if I call for a warranty issue and get someone else there who is over the top? I am reasonable but suddenly find myself at odds with someone on the other end of the line - Am I going to take it in the shorts and get my weapon back two seasons from now instead of two weeks from now?
I does cause some concern to me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had the same problem...I was on the fence and I couldn't decide which way to go XCR or ACR. I ended up calling them a couple of times to get information that I needed in helping me make a decision and the guy who was answering the phone for the first time was the same guy answering tech questions. This guy should have just picked up the phone and redirecting the call to someone else because he was clueless. What that told me was that the staff was no longer there and the viability of the company was my major concern regardless the amount of money I was going to spend with them.
If I was running the company and I wanted to put my best foot forward, I would put somebody better trained to make better first impressions when potential buyers called in. I really wish them all the best.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Guys!

I am in Italy right now, but as soon as I'm back (about a week) I will be posting more testing videos...

Until then, here is my first of many. BTW, my next video will be co-sponsored by a local gunshop owner who has (unbeilvably!) agreed to let me test his FN SCAR alongside my ACR! That should be fun!

Future tests will include water, dust and sand tests for reliability. Accuracy tests and RTZ tests are planned also.

Hope you enjoy!

I wonder what happened to RattledogUSA and his ACR testing??

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I wonder what happened to RattledogUSA and his ACR testing??
Good question, he did one vid and fell off the net.....Would have loved to seen more, if nothing else, it was entertaining.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hi Guys!

Hope you enjoy!

Your video was one of the first things I saw when I was considering purchasing my ACR. Very entertaining, it takes balls to toss your 2K rifle into the mud, cheers bro :D! I also have one of those Korean beta mags and it has been nothing but dead balls reliable for me, I've done several mag dumps and never had an issue. Use a little graphite every time you reload (as instructed in the manual) and you should be golden. The original beta mag suggests the same thing.

P.S. Keep beating up your ACR so we don't have to :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lol I too watched this video before buying mine and it was definately a boost of confidence towards buying one. There was another one out there where a guy compared it side by side with the FNH SCAR. It was a 4 or 5 episode review, also a good video for comparison. Cant remember the name though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe the Military Arms Channel by Sturmgewehre on Youtube......he does a 3 series comparison, 1 on tech and 2 more on shooting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ah yeah, that was the one! thanks dobber

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.