ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just FYI there is an ACR being used in the new SWAT: Firefight DVD that came out today. 1:01 into the film the main character is firing an ACR at a target range. Its quick but nice to see the rifles making it into media.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A lot of Magpul stuff in Transformers! What scope is he using? Never seen that before.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A lot of Magpul stuff in Transformers! What scope is he using? Never seen that before.
That looks like a Mako 3G magnifier with an Eotech (likely an XPS3).

·
Registered
36 Posts
How amusing. TF1 featured Crye camo with the armor chassis and all kinds of high speed gear, TF2 featured...something. As a gear whore, I must have not been impressed enough to remember it. And here they are with the 3rd film going full Mall Ninja. I guess the wardrobe budget (and most likely the writers salaries) were diverted to fund the CG effects, explosives, and prostitutes for Michael Bay.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
My guess is a Hensoldt 2.5 with the LaRue flip to the side mount. He was offering a special on that set-up awhile ago called the "Po-boy special".

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think Sgt Eugene was right with the Mako and an Eotech. For some reason I must have missed them in my scope research. Very interesting. Thanks Tackleberry. I did see however on the AAC youtube video with Mike Mers, they had a Zeiss Z point mounted to an ACR. Got me looking at that red dot.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Yep. Saving the pic and then zooming in verified it for me. The Hensoldt doesn't flare out in the front like the Mako unit does.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Looks like they got a decent weapons consultant for T3, like they did in T1.

T2 had awful looking scifi prop weapons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts