ACR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just an update for timing. Models will go out tomorrow morning. They will be cut, and media blasted by Monday and shipped out for anodizing. Ideally they will be in my possession on the 24th.

If they in on the 24th they will go out the 25th to you all.

20 unit run: (17 Avail as of 13 May) 1913 Endcap will be $215 Shipped Preorder/$230 after
10 unit run: (7 Avail as of 12 May) Brace: $235 Shipped Preorder/$250 after

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope this works with my ZTRS Sig stock as well as the factory SB Sig brace! If not, I may have to buy the rail version too!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I hope this works with my ZTRS Sig stock as well as the factory SB Sig brace! If not, I may have to buy the rail version too!
I haven't tried their collapsible stock with the adapter, however their interface appears to be nearly identical.

Little update, spoke with the shop yesterday we are still on track for this Friday. I am missing some of your addresses and will check my excel tracker this evening and reach out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
FYI Dan Haga has his Tailhook adapters back in stock. Just put in my order ��
Not sure what this has to do with my component. I will say this as you can see in the first page my prototypes are SLS printed Nylon, ideally I wanted to use a glass reinforced nylon for my adapters. They are now 6061 aluminum.

Do you know if the SB MPX PSB will work with the 1913 pic version?
It should work fine. I have to look through my original measurement to see if I captivated the overall receiver width of the MPX. If not I will swing past the LGS and measure it. That width is what would drive the folding brace to nest properly (given that its a little wider then their stocks from what I have seen). It will absolutely mount given the standard interface.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Taking a guess that he clicked on the wrong thread. This thread is for 68's product he's making and selling himself. The thread VR probably meant to click into is titled very similar and was focused on Dan Haga's 3d printed "adapter" piece. Worlds apart.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Brace Adapters & 1913 Endcaps are complete, and in route. Tuesday 28th is the expected deliver date however their current location is literally 2 hours away presently....

Brace Adapter Price: (6 Remaining as of 23 May)

$235.00 Shipped if you Pre-order
$250.00 Shipped after parts arrive

1913 Endcap: (15 Remaining as of 23 May)
$215.00 Shipped if you Pre-Order
$230.00 Shipped after parts arrive

So if you want to save 5 gallons worth of Gasoline, 1 movie ticket, or 75 rnds of 9mm you still have some time.

Also I almost forgot the ACR is within less than 1mm in receiver width difference of the SIG MCX so there should be no issue with how the stocks/brace nest once folded. Also they break open to the left/non ejection port side

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great job! The folding MCX stocks to stay folded more securely are a bit thinner so I probably would've gone this route if I decided to keep my ACR.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Great job! The folding MCX stocks to stay folded more securely are a bit thinner so I probably would've gone this route if I decided to keep my ACR.
So you are going to buy another ACR now....

The 10lbs of box and anodized aluminum were delivered. I have the little one by myself most of the evening, so I may not be able to check, and get everything ready to send out prior to work tomorrow but I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Overall they lock up really nice and look good, I do have to reach out to the shop tomorrow about a minor concern with the endcaps. The Brace adapters will go out tomorrow, and I'll bring the endcaps with me aswell.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hang on a minute! What handguard is that in the middle picture?!
One of my prototypes. I have a couple in various lengths. They have existed in various states in my lower thread. I initially built to try and drive up some interest for Geissele to build one since acquaintances of mine said they where looking at the platform again, they where posted in a private FB group where I was told Bill saw it. I would like to make them but realistically I would need to buy an extrusion tool to do it most efficiently. I have another version of the model in the works with additional structural ribbing, however that would have to be a SLS part or a pricey injection mold. I am not sure the revised model built in a SLS machine would meet expectations for torsional rigidity, or live through being bounced off shooting positions and the like. I haven't broke a handguard yet, but I haven't run them hard, and they defiantly not something you could reliable zero off of in its current state.

I have talked with the current shop I am using for the adapters about them. But I need to fully vet the costs, and need to move some more adapters and endplates.

I don't want to cross pollinate in this thread, but if your interested PM me, and if things get a little closer to fruition I'll start a thread.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts