ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This project started about a year and a half ago, after trying to get Bushmaster to sell me an Upper about 8 months before that which needlessly to say was not successful for a whole host of reasons. What you seeing is the second iteration of that with a built pistol with from an upper from Dana and a demo parts kit ACR.

I am making a run of 10x ACR Pistol Brace adapters & 20x 1913 Endcaps. This is not a gauging interest thread.

QD&T, coatings, and finally pricing were finalized over the last week. The brace adapter is the next P.O. to get machine time with the company I am using. 10 May 19 is the current expected delivery date to me, with a fit and fitment mule delivered to me prior to the main run being commenced.

The brace adapter will use a SB Tactical MPX PSD Brace (Not Included) which can be purchased directly from SB Tactical https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/mpx-psb-replacement-brace/

The brace plate is 6061, with a Type II Black anodize coating
The brace button is 1100 high yield steel, with a Black powerdercoated finish

The brace plate supports 2x QD provisions on each side of the weapon, Using a type 1 and type 2 (threaded) QD mount, or you can run a single side using a bolt and nut similar to the OE configuration of the stock. 1x 1" 10-24 fastener provided

The 1913 Endcap uses the same material and coating.

The endcap supports a single QD provsion. 1x 5/16 10-24 fastener Provided

Brace Adapter Price: (6 Remaining as of 23 May)

$250.00 Shipped after parts arrive

1913 Endcap: (15 Remaining as of 23 May)
$230.00 Shipped after parts arive

Paypal F&F is primary payment method.

The CAD image reflects what is being produced. Some of the images reflect earlier iterations of components.

PM me with Brace in the the title if you are interested in ordering one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts to do that, are you or have you made a adapter for the regular SBA3?

In short an AR Buffer tube adapter variant?

I do have a model that I could use as the basis for it already as the first iteration used Maxim PDW brace.

I can look into seeing if this is something can can use portions of existing fixtures.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So what I am going to do is augment the run with another version with a pic rail. Then you can run what ever you want on a Pistol, Firearm, and or Rifle. For example a folding AR Buffer adapter with an SBA3, fixed Sig folder brace, or any other obscure brace/stock mount that uses a pic rail.

For the most part it fits within the current machine plan. There may be some efficiency to be gained there may not be. The price will either be the same, or less. I'll edit this post with some images once I send off the files.

This is an earlier version I made a little while back.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! The pic rail version works also, please PM me with pricing and availability when you have a chance. I would like to move on this asap. Thanks
Should have a better idea tomorrow. Both the 1913 endcap & brace validation mules are in route.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The validation components came in and they look pretty good. Please note they haven't been tumbled.W ill be going through them this evening this evening comparing them back to the model, the rapid prototypes, and for final fit.

20 unit run: (18 Avail as of 3 May) 1913 Endcap will be $215 Shipped Preorder/$230 after
10 unit run: (8 Avail as of 1 May) Brace: $235 Shipped Preorder/$250 after

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I’ve finally made up my mind to get one of these, brace version. It took me a while to find the exact part that I was looking for to mate with it. Had to get a little help, but found an adapter for the Sig PDW to Tailhook1. So I’m gtg now!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PMs/PM inquires replied to. Just got the second round of validation parts in. Will update the thread this evening. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Second round of validation parts are in. I had to make some adjustments due to the taper of the SB brace arms causing some interfacing issues with aluminum vs nylon when fully seated.

Still need to go through the parts and measure both against the model. I was TDY last week so I am a little behind. Looking to have the files back to the shop NLT Wednesday morning.

20 unit run: (17 Avail as of 13 May) 1913 Endcap will be $215 Shipped Preorder/$230 after
10 unit run: (7 Avail as of 12 May) Brace: $235 Shipped Preorder/$250 after

1 - 20 of 48 Posts