ACR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, my first post since I left for boot in February, I'm trying to figure out what all has changed with the ACR since then. Apparently I can get one for 1999.00 + shipping and FFL fees so I'd definitely consider myself a potential buyer again.

How does the ACR stack up against the XCR, traditional AR15/M4s, and piston AR15/M4s? The two things I'm really looking at are which rifle makes the best groups at 100 yds and which rifles are the easiest to make rapid and accurate follow up shots with.

If anyone here has done Tables 2 thru 4 with the Marine Corps and happens to own or have shot an ACR I especially would like to hear your input on how you feel it would perform compared to the M16A2 and A4.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I dont have an XCR so I can can't compare however;

I have both DI ar15's and 1 piston ar15 (Ruger SR556) They are all different and behave differently depending on the ammo I use. My colt 6940 (free floating 1/7 barrel) shoots best with 69 grn federal match stuff, generally an inch at 100yards. (Using good glass and bench rested) But will ony shoot about 2-3 inchs using White box or American eagle 55 grn. (same as above)

My bushmaster wont group any better then 3 inchs on its best day no matter what I use

My ACR shoots best with 62 grn M855 from LC, usually 2 inches. Opens up a bit no matter what else I use. I would say it is more consistant load to load generally. I tried some 77 grn stuff thru it and it made no difference.

As for as quick followup shots point shooting would go to my 15 year old bushmaster. But I also have more time behind the sights with it. Hopin to change that with more time behind the ACR.

Of course YMMV as all guns are different and have pet loads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Havent shot the heavy stuff myself.

I buy whatever is cheap and the biggest group when I was trying for groups, I got was a inch and a half with wolf. PMC was surprisinly good.

XM193 I can make a quarter anytime anywhere. Then again I have mine gayed up with a 12x nikon m-223.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Gayed up,,,,,,naaaaaaaaa

Only way I was able to shoot those groups was using a "very good" buddies Kahles 4x18 scope. Wow!!! watta a piece of glass that thing is. Then he told me what he paid for it, WOW!!! better be that clear n' crisp. ($2100) :eek:

Gotta say on a side note, the more I shoot that ACR, the more I like it. Just need to track down a basic black handguard. Dont really care for the enhanced handguard all that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts