ACR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you are aware, but Bushmaster.com has had a page for the ACR on their website and all it said "Soon to be Perfected"
But now they have an ACR chambered in 450 Bushmaster listed. It looks like it's the same ACR we are used to so it makes me wonder... Is this the start of the return of the ACR? Or is it just old stock from Bushmaster?
It also says call from pricing and I will be giving them a call tomorrow to see what say. Will update post after.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope I wish I was joking that’s what they told me 5K

Did they say whether it was old stock they’re just getting rid of or are they actually bringing the ACR back? I wonder what sales of the ACR were like just before the bankruptcy… $5k is absolutely insane though.

Update: Thinking more about it, consider the following… perhaps they sold the license to produce the ACR as part of the bankruptcy. They are getting rid of their old stock, but have to pay royalties on each rifle which is driving the price up significantly. If this is true, who owns the rights to the ACR now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Did they say whether it was old stock they’re just getting rid of or are they actually bringing the ACR back? I wonder what sales of the ACR were like just before the bankruptcy… $5k is absolutely insane though.

Update: Thinking more about it, consider the following… perhaps they sold the license to produce the ACR as part of the bankruptcy. They are getting rid of their old stock, but have to pay royalties on each rifle which is driving the price up significantly. If this is true, who owns the rights to the ACR now?
This rifle they posted on their website is old stock and it’s not a new rifle either. They said it’s kind of just a placeholder on the website to protect their rights to the ACR, so maybe they priced it like that cuz they don’t want it to sell.
Bushmaster did tell me that there will be a new ACR that has a “much much more reasonable price” but couldn’t tell me anything about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts