ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all
Has the ACR been purchased by law enforcement agencies (local, state, federal, international) or militaries, yet?
Where would I look for announcements?

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I believe the USG Task Force Rapid Anti-robot Assault Team got them issued. I saw a 3 part documentary on them. I believe there are pics of the with their black ACR's in APWR's "Picadilly Mounts" post.

Man, if you only knew how close we were to losing earth. WHEW! We owe these guys BIG!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice. I could totally see SWAT having some interest in a 10.5" set up.
Hell Yeah! If I only went to a 16 OAL because I work in the county with plenty of wide open spaces, but if I were in a city, I'd love a better entry gun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Remmy, looked like a full 16". It had those skele rails so im 95% sure it was remm.
uh... are you sure about the remington acr ? because i recently contacted remington for some information about the acr and they told me that the acr is not available yet for LE/MIL and is apparently need some refinement.

so (to me) it could be the bushmaster version with the concept handguard.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bushmaster ACR's with the 14.5" Barrels are available to LE. They were offered in the basic folder package before the civilian market, I think. I know because I was pricing them before I bought mine used a good price. As far as Remington, I think they're only tasked with the MIL territory. Bushy has Civilian & LE.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Wouldn't LE duty/entry weapons want happy switches, too?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wouldn't LE duty/entry weapons want happy switches, too?
Um, Hell Yeah!! But most standard "patrol" rifles are not select fire. Just the SWAT/SRT guys usually.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Honestly though, select fire is really only beneficial during ambushes (springing or receiving) or when you have multiple attacking targets ("gooks in the wire") kind of stuff, unless you are suppressing (which is more of an LMG job anyway). Aimed semi is nearly always the way to go.

Even with all the full auto they were spraying, the N. Hollywood baddies were not precise enough to actually kill anyone. One good cop with an AR and a decent optic from an elevated position would have ended that fight with two to four shots...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I could be wrong, it could have been bushy. I coudlnt get a close view it was really crowded and the last time I asked a swat officer about his set up I got a pat down.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Honestly though, select fire is really only beneficial during ambushes (springing or receiving) or when you have multiple attacking targets ("gooks in the wire") kind of stuff, unless you are suppressing (which is more of an LMG job anyway). Aimed semi is nearly always the way to go.

Even with all the full auto they were spraying, the N. Hollywood baddies were not precise enough to actually kill anyone. One good cop with an AR and a decent optic from an elevated position would have ended that fight with two to four shots...
If only that were in one of the first cars on scene. That mess would've been a lot less of a battle.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I asked a swat officer about his set up I got a pat down.
Sorry, but I had to chuckle a bit. I frisk anyone I deal with for more than 30 seconds as a matter of personal procedure.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
("gooks in the wire")
My terp used this expression one time, and grinning (I'm half Korean) I asked if he knew what that meant. He said, "Yes. It means there are enemies in the wire." I asked if he knew what "Gooks" were. He said it was a word for "Enemy".

His former American taught him that phrase. A Marine. I hold Tommy totally accountable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts