ACR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Depends on what parts you have on hand. IIRC, the Blackout doesn't require the gas regulator and block and the piston guide parts, but that depends on what Templar Precision requires for a Blackout Conversion nowadays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on what parts you have on hand. IIRC, the Blackout doesn't require the gas regulator and block and the piston guide parts, but that depends on what Templar Precision requires for a Blackout Conversion nowadays.
Do you have any different suggestions? I’m wanting to do a fairly short PDW build

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm going to have to base my decision on the availability of parts and on your decision regarding your build.
1) Do you plan on changing barrels? If not, then going with Templar Precision's non-QD trunnion is a must for the weight savings. This also plays into the next question on parts.
2) What parts does a Blackout build require? Ask Templar Precision and post the answer here. Hopefully the minimum requirements are a piston and barrel, which is doable.
3) How's your situation with ammo? You could base your build on what's available to you, but if both are equally available then you have to consider other factors.
4) Will you suppress or not? Going with a subsonic Blackout build makes the most sense here if you are.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What are you going to use for a handguard with a 7” barrel? Custom made? I believe that muzzle would be tucked in the factory handguards pretty deep. The 9” PDW barrel barely gets the flash hider out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Back in the day there were a few 9" RemDef 5.56 PDW barrels floating around, and in my humble opinion, these really made the ACR shine. If you can find one, I'd highly recommend it. The up front weight that people complain about with the ACR really made the rifle super stable in this extra short configuration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in the day there were a few 9" RemDef 5.56 PDW barrels floating around, and in my humble opinion, these really made the ACR shine. If you can find one, I'd highly recommend it. The up front weight that people complain about with the ACR really made the rifle super stable in this extra short configuration.
Yeah. I see what your saying. I just got into the ACR game from ar and someone was talking to me about barrel compatibility. Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah. I see what your saying. I just got into the ACR game from ar and someone was talking to me about barrel compatibility. Thanks.
You misunderstand me (I think) my friend. These are ACR barrels, and they were made for the RemDef side of the business. Full piston, op rod, barrel nut wrench, etc. They came with the OG AAC non-suppressor compatible flash hiders too. Maybe Dana from Templar can help you out....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You misunderstand me (I think) my friend. These are ACR barrels, and they were made for the RemDef side of the business. Full piston, op rod, barrel nut wrench, etc. They came with the OG AAC non-suppressor compatible flash hiders too. Maybe Dana from Templar can help you out....
I’m sorry. I realized that I quoted the wrong message. Apologies. I meant to quote the one right above yours. I’m hunting for one of the 9”

1 - 11 of 11 Posts