ACR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took both of my rifles out to the range yesterday, it was 85 degrees and no wind at all, the range was 70 meters for my short shots and 100 meters for the proper zero. heres the specs of the rifles

coyote tan acr
barrel: standard 16.5" with aac blackout flash hider
trigger: rock river stage 2 nm
optic: ta31rco 4x32 acog with killflash
bipod: harris with adm quick disconnect mount
ammo: pmc 55gr .223

black sbr acr
barrel: noveske 10.5" lightweight custom barrel with aac 51t brake and aac m4-2000 suppressor
trigger: rock river stage 2 nm
optic 100 meters: ta31rco 4x32 acog with killflash (zeroed for the 16" acr)
optic 70 meters: aimpoint t-1 with larue hk mount
bipod: harris with adm quick disconnect mount
ammo: 70 meters 5.56 steel core pmc 62gr
ammo: 100 meters .223 55gr pmc
pics

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/bigdog2003_99/highlightedpic-3.jpg
direct link, pic doesnt show high enough resolution to see the writing

as a reference for size, the calipers are set to 1 inch

ill get some better measurements sometime tonight or tomorrow,
the top shot group (orange) is the pmc 5.56 62gr tightened the group up some and measures right over 1 inch @ 70 meters
the bottom group (light blue center mass) is my 16" acr zeroed with the acog, i shot 5 suppressed and 5 unsuppressed and either have zero poi shift or enough that i didnt hit paper, i'm going to get more groups up later this month i hope

sorry about having the 1 paper for the groups i didnt have any extra targets at the time

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Excellent comparison, looking forward to more ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Amazing. I would have thought the 10.5 " wouldn't have done as well. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks great. Thanks for the comparison. I've awesome wondered how the shortened barrel would affect the accuracy. I'm surprised. I'd love to diversify my collection more like this.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any time guys, it was a perfect day to shoot, especially because there was no wind. the 10.5" loves the 62 grain 5.56, i didnt get a chance to try it on the 16" yet

as a general reference here was my groups as i swapped stuff around
1.5" with 55gr and standard trigger
1.25" 55gr with stage 2 nm trigger
1.0 with 62 grain

at the 100 the 10.5 in theory should be more accurate because there is less whip from the barrel but past the 100 meter point the 16 will start to shine very quickly

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ thanks man, your old acog is great btw. the nm trigger is nice, i really cant compare it to a giessle trigger since i've never shot one but the nm is cheaper and still very good, i plan on running one on both of my acr's soon

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine is around 4.5 pounds, its the rock river arms stage 2 nm trigger, i might get a geisselle trigger sometime but upgrading both of my acrs will be pricey =(

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a Geisselle Super 3 gun in my ACR ... very refined, and very easy to shoot fast. I definitely prefer it over my single stage 4lb Timney in my LWRC, hopefully I will get the chance and time to put it through its paces in a competition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts