ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw two things there that made me drool. A mini-gun and what appeared to be an OD Remmy ACR, or at least the Remmy handguard (toward the end, shooter wearing a black shirt).
Wish I lived in a supressor-friendly state. In WV, you can own it, but you can't use it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I wanted to go to the shoot, but had to work =(

Tackleberry freedom is right over the river lol
I grew up in Ohio, but moved here for the my job. I would like to move back for several reasons, but I'd have to get the right job. No small town BS for me. I'd rather go somewhere where they either have their own academy or send their recruits to OHP's academy. The standard level of training there is pretty minimal. (no offense to any LEO in Ohio. I'm just talking about the state minimum)

The taxes here are for shit. And the roads suck ass, which seems to be contradictory to the taxes.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
trust me i know about small town bs... apparently in ohio it is illegal to have suppressors but legal to have 10.5" rifles, even with atf forms

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
trust me i know about small town bs... apparently in ohio it is illegal to have suppressors but legal to have 10.5" rifles, even with atf forms
I thought it was pretty open. Especially with cans.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I believe Dana is referring to the debacle with the dipshit cop that pulled him over and flipped his shit when he saw Dana's suppressor. Even with the supporting NFA Tax Stamp.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
I believe Dana is referring to the debacle with the dipshit cop that pulled him over and flipped his shit when he saw Dana's suppressor. Even with the supporting NFA Tax Stamp.
It wasn't so much pulled over as it was kicking in my front door w/o a warrant and sticking a 40 cal glock in my face... btw they were running fmjs...

But back to the shoot did anyone see that hk416c? That is dead sexy

·
Registered
359 Posts
The HK was chambered in .300 blk. It was the quietest rifle on the range. I just wish they had the acr in .300, but the 249SAW was in .300blk. Tier1Group is only 45 or so minutes from my house. One of the most well spent Saturdays ever.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I've love to get my hands on one of those...and a Colt SCW
As would I. From what I understand, you cannot strip the 416C the conventional way. You have to remove the rear cap to remove the spring, buffer, (maybe a sleeve) before you can hinge open. I am not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The HK was chambered in .300 blk. It was the quietest rifle on the range. I just wish they had the acr in .300, but the 249SAW was in .300blk. Tier1Group is only 45 or so minutes from my house. One of the most well spent Saturdays ever.
AAC had a 416 lower with an AAC 9" 300 BLK upper that was running the whole time. But Mers convinced the HK rep to let him run the 416C (PDW) with an AAC can for some pics. It was in 5.56. Very cool gun. Only 5 of them in the country.

Shoot was fun. Way too hot, in the middle of nowhere and the site was too big. A learning experience, but awesome to see everyone.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Jason, welcome back........

Is rsilvers still working on a 300BLK 16" barrel for the ACR? (please!!!)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Jason, welcome back........

Is rsilvers still working on a 300BLK 16" barrel for the ACR? (please!!!)
Yeah, I can't keep up with all the forums, work has been busy- I should change my screenname to JasonAAC/DD/Leupold/BattleComp/Etc...

Anyway, no word on 300 BLK ACR bbls.. I'd actually be shocked to see them come from AAC. Bushmaster or Remington would be the best source for those... or a third party solution like from Delta Company Arms, etc... if the 300 takes off, I'm sure it'll be available eventually. That would really put the "A" in ACR.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Yeah, I can't keep up with all the forums, work has been busy- I should change my screenname to JasonAAC/DD/Leupold/BattleComp/Etc...

Anyway, no word on 300 BLK ACR bbls.. I'd actually be shocked to see them come from AAC. Bushmaster or Remington would be the best source for those... or a third party solution like from Delta Company Arms, etc... if the 300 takes off, I'm sure it'll be available eventually. That would really put the "A" in ACR.
As the saying goes, "More to do then a one armed wall paper hanger" :)

Was just hoping you guys could get the barrel parts (gas blocks, piston guides, etc.) outta you sister company faster then us commoners..... ;)

Thanks for the update

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
As the saying goes, "More to do then a one armed wall paper hanger" :)

Was just hoping you guys could get the barrel parts (gas blocks, piston guides, etc.) outta you sister company faster then us commoners..... ;)

Thanks for the update
Probably could, but honestly it's not a priority currently. The main 300 BLK projects for AAC as I understand them are 1. ammo 2. ammo 3. ammo 4.AAC AR's in 300 BLK

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Probably could, but honestly it's not a priority currently. The main 300 BLK projects for AAC as I understand them are 1. ammo 2. ammo 3. ammo 4.AAC AR's in 300 BLK
That I can appreciate, thank you Jason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts