ACR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
No problem. Noveske sells a ton of barrels with our mounts perm attached. Have it done by a competent gunsmith that will confirm that the thread job on the barrel is concentric to the bore with a nice square shoulder and you are GTG.

That said, it needs to be done right, and if you get baffle strikes and it's determined that the mount was screwed up (ie something crazy like permed with a crush washer behind it, etc) then you might be out a few bucks for repair.

The problem with YHM mounts as I understand it is that if you perm it, you have no way of maintaining or replacing the spring that is part of the mount.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've got a perm pinned AAC mount on my ACR that Adco did. They do good work and no baffle strikes yet.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Having never owned or really researched them, isn't a baffle strike the kiss of death for a surpressor?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I would assume so. Seems like any kind of scratch/gouge/puncture of a suppressor immediately negates its ability. Maybe even affect the ballistics of the bullet with the changes in the gas flow?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Ahhh, just like anything else. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
as long as the tube itself is not damaged your usually g2g, that is as long as you can pull the internals out afterwards, someone recently posted on how aac repaired his sealed rifle can (i dont know which one) they cut off and replaced his damaged endcap and recoated it

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
many times rifle can can be repaired. The existing/damaged parts are machined out/off, replaced, rewelded and refinished.

That said, if you shoot enough, especially with cheap ammo, you may get a baffle strike. in a good can, with a minor strike, it usually does nothing to performance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good to know. Have been considering sending in my ACR barrel to ADCO and had been wondering about perm mounting and any warranty issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts