ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some extensive research for a good all around rifle suppressor in my price range, I ended up purchasing an AAC 7.62 SDN6 for a great price. I didn't plan on throwing a can on my 1911 until later but found great deal on an OSPREY 45. So I'll be dropping off both Form 4s tommorrow and enter another round of the waiting game. (My Form 1 is due back sometime next month ;))

silencer-762sdn6-2.jpg silencer-762sdn6-1.jpg 6298.jpg

Does anyone have any first hand experience on either of these systems?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be happy with the SDN-6 and Osprey. I sold my SCAR-H for an N-6 and have a Tirant 9 and .45. The Tirant and Osprey sound nearly the same.
Hey goteron,

Thanks for the feedback. Have you noticed a significant difference in weight with the can on your ACR?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Great selections, they will do a good job for you.

As for added weight, yes, anytime you strap jsut over a pound to the end of your gun, you'll notice it. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
my 10.5 weighs a little bit more than my 16" acr but since the bulk of the weight is by the receiver its not as bad, with the suppressor the 10.5 balances about like the 16" w/o

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
fully loaded they are pretty close, the weight on the 10.5" is further back so it feels better. the reason they are similar is the 16" has a lighter profile than the 10.5"

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fully loaded they are pretty close, the weight on the 10.5" is further back so it feels better. the reason they are similar is the 16" has a lighter profile than the 10.5"
Gotcha, yeah the weight placement would definitely adjust things.

BTW finally SBR'd! Form 1 came through today

Still no 10.5 but hey :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
sweet congrats man!! you gonna make your own 10.5"? i vote for 300 blk with the n6, your rifle will overtake mine in the uberness acr group instantly lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet congrats man!! you gonna make your own 10.5"? i vote for 300 blk with the n6, your rifle will overtake mine in the uberness acr group instantly lol
no no lol I'd love to have a 10.5" but I'll just wait for bushy to release them (if they ever do)

But the 300 blk would be awesome with the N6. If the ammo was ever mass produced and the price dropped a bit it'd be much more tempting.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got a AAC 762-sdn-6 and a Tirant 9 back in early January. Hope to get the papers back in November. I was hoping to slap the N-6 on my 7mm Rem mag hunting rifle. According to Mers it's okay with a 24" barrel. Extremely anxious to hear how they sound.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I got a AAC 762-sdn-6 and a Tirant 9 back in early January. Hope to get the papers back in November. I was hoping to slap the N-6 on my 7mm Rem mag hunting rifle. According to Mers it's okay with a 24" barrel. Extremely anxious to hear how they sound.
Looking forward to your review!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Nice run in that video. I so need to get back into practice with my mag drills and transition drills

1 - 20 of 32 Posts