ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had any exposure to the 7.62x40WT? (Link below)

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/762x40wt.htm

Seems to be the same concept as the 300AAC (Blackout) but geared more towards super sonic use, (non-surpressed) Kinda interesting

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think it's great that folks are coming out with ways to use relatively cheap 5.56 brass to churn out various new cartridges. I'm sure they all work well for what they are designed to do. More options can't really be bad thing I guess and I'm a fan of the 6x45 (223 case necked up to 6mm) myself. When RobArm announced their 6x45 we called it a "same bolt conversion" because it uses the common 5.56 bolt. In that respect it's a way for someone to "up gun" on the cheap and would work with the ACR as well. Though ideally you'd have still want a new bolt.

I don't know though, 223 is still cheaper to shoot and that's what I look at really.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am really excited about this one ,only downside is using a dedicated magazine- Wilson is modifing Lancer AWM mags and has them in stock FWIW, but its truly a 30 cal . hunting solution-ATTENTION :Bushmaster? Freedom Group:we need barrel parts ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, standard mags will work according to the info release, ya just gotta down load'em for realiability. There are so many options for rifles that use the AR mags, but like said, parts are needed to bring these options to the shooting bench.

·
Registered
299 Posts
just went out this morning and put 5 rnd.s of 125 gr. 7.62 x 40 through the ACR, gas port is oversized as it still cycles on the "S" SETTING but I am having good luck loading 20 rnd,s at a time in ASC 6.5 Grendel mags so maybe I wont have to have modified lancers to achieve high capacity I really want to shoot a deer with this setup!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, did you use a wilson barrel?

Is it still wildly over-gassed on "S" setting, or ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts