ACR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in direct contact with Bushmaster asking them about barrels and new calibers and what not and they informed me that later this year (fall/years end) that they will release the 6.8 SPC and the 7.62x39 in the 16.5" and then the 2 other sizes will come later.

I also asked what mags would work and I was also informed that the standard 7.62x39 AR mags.

Pricing is not out yet and you can get them through your local dealer or from their parts store.

Yall have any other questions that you would like me to ask them???

·
Registered
97 Posts
That would be awesome, but with BM's track record of 3 years of broken promises, I'll believe it when I have one in hand. Thanks for the info though it will be truely great to see and feel some backing of this great rifle from BM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it would! They told me with some delays in testing was the reason why they have not released any other calibers for the ACR. Gotta love emailing them with my Air Force email. Quick response! So hopefully the email traffic that I have stays true to their word! What I would give to throw down range some 7.62!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
They are just telling you stories man, I'm sorry. I got my first ACR 3 years ago and they have said that same thing since then to everyone. I'm sure if you call and ask tomorrow, the answer would be different. Kind of like politicians, they just say to you what you want to hear, but put off the problem until later.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
60 Posts
same here...i ordered my ACR last december and called them to order a quad rail and asked about the short barrel systems and other calibers. they told me january for the 10.5 barrels and spring for the new calibers. we all love our ACRs but as a new ACR owner do not drink the BM koolaid until you are holding your item in your hands. everyone on here has all talked to BM personally and heard the same lies in different time frames. very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.they told you that! you must be an ACR / BM rookie.really dont belive them.besides AR x39 mags suck.they need to make a lower that takes AK mags.but thats ok you ll learn.welcome to the forum and ty for your service.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
fliernate,
If you check some of the threads in the Caliber Corner, you will see that many of us here have already fired the 7.62x39 Russian round from our ACR rifles. It's a pretty straightforward conversion. As long as you can get parts, it's easy to do. I had a 1/7" twist 5.56x45 NATO conversion, and both 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 Russian conversions for my ACR. If you follow what others have done here, you'll be shooting these long before Rem/BM releases anything.

Honestly, I really hope they come through for you but based on what we have seen, nothing is being released. I called them once a week for months upon months, on end and heard the same crap for a very longtime. Same as many other people here! If they release something before the 9x19 and 5.45x39 kits become available for my IWI Tavor, I will consider going back to the ACR.

SamM

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
it doesn't matter what email address you use to contact BM sales/service, they will feed you an optimistic line.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

SHOT Show 2009 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2009!

SHOT Show 2010 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2010!

SHOT Show 2011 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2011!

SHOT Show 2012 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2012!

SHOT Show 2013 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2013!

To be continued

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
it doesn't matter what email address you use to contact BM sales/service, they will feed you an optimistic line.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

SHOT Show 2009 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2009!

SHOT Show 2010 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2010!

SHOT Show 2011 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2011!

SHOT Show 2012 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2012!

SHOT Show 2013 - Barrels and caliber kits will be released in... Fall 2013!

To be continued
Truth!!! :(

·
Registered
973 Posts
I spoke with my Bushmaster/Remington rep today. She and I have always had a good relationship, and she has always been brutally honest with me. I first asked about the 6.8 ACRs being released. She said she had no idea when it would happen, even though they are listed on their website. I next asked about 6.8 barrels. I was shocked to hear her ask me "What length barrel do you want?" I replied saying a 14.5", 16", and 18"" would be the only legal lengths we can have here. She checked her system, and was surprised to see them listed. She told me that meant there was a good chance they are in production, but not yet in stock. She then asked me if I wanted to go ahead and order some, to which I replied "Oooooh yes!". I have a few on order, so we will see what happens. Not holding my breath, but it sure would be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why 6.8SPC? The round lost its hype, military isn't switching to it anytime soon. So why make the first conversation kit option available, a lame duck of a round? I mean, I'm not knocking the 6.8 ballistics, I'm complaining about the fact it's not a common caliber in use. Same thing with .300BLK. Russian 7.62 and NATO 7.62, would've been far better choices IMHO, due to the fact you can always find it. Would also make more sense since the majority of shooters already own something in one or both 7.62 calibers. Which if BMI/REM were smart they'd start with what the majority owns first and then start with the boutique 6.8SPC and .300BLK later. BLUF: FG ie BMI and REM specifically, don't know anything more than BO knows on how to market this rifle effectively. Plus, just to be fare, magpul should never have said the MSRP was $1,500.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Personally, I really like 6.8 SPC. I have a dedicated 6.8 AR, which is awesome to shoot. Of my two ACRs, one will be going 6.8 when it becomes available. The ammo isn't all that hard to find.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Personally, I really like 6.8 SPC. I have a dedicated 6.8 AR, which is awesome to shoot. Of my two ACRs, one will be going 6.8 when it becomes available. The ammo isn't all that hard to find.
Same here. Love the round, have not had trouble finding ammo and my plan is to convert one of my two ACRs to 6.8 as well. That said, I can see why people would like 7.62 Russian, but to Jager's question: there's no way you could get 7.62 NATO into the current ACR platform. It's just too big of a cartridge. Same reason the SCAR is two separate rifles (16S and 17S) instead of just one with different barrel and bolt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts