ACR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice. I have a 5.11 flex stryke pants and I love it but have not put it through any kind of hell, I just wear it for hikes and going to the range and it's very comfortable and lightweight. You can also add padding to the knee area if you like.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice. I have a 5.11 flex stryke pants and I love it but have not put it through any kind of hell, I just wear it for hikes and going to the range and it's very comfortable and lightweight. You can also add padding to the knee area if you like.
I like the idea of the knee pads. Going to put them in the pants. Real good for shooting, but also for everyday stuff like working around the yard or on the car.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just an update for anyone who cairs... I did end up getting a paid of the TacLite pants and shorts to try. For me, they are great. The pockets are great for holding a phone and my knife in their own dedicated spot. Pockets are nice and deep so things don't fall out. I used them hiking, camping, shooting, and just out. Liked them so much, I got a few more pairs. Got a set of the knee pads that go in them as well. They work good, but they kind of stick to your knees, making it hard to lift your leg high when hiking, climbing, ect. The price to pay for a padded knee though!

The Utili-tee they make is great also. 3, quality tshirt for $20 shipped off of eBay. Work good as a undershirt or just to wear. Keep a pistol hidden better than a normal t-shirt, and you don't need to get a size bigger to do that like most other ones.

I also decided to try the Performance Covert Shirts. Again, works great to keeping a pistol hidden and does not look to tactical unless you know what 5.11 clothing is. Very lightweight, and has cool pockets for small stuff on the chests that goes under your armpit.

Last but not least, I was able to get a pair of the 5.11 Jeans. They are real heavy duty, and have the magazine and holster built in. Not the best holster, but works real good for a super concealed carry. I use them as work jeans when I do yard work and stuff like that.

All in all, I love the stuff. Plan to wear it for a long time. LA Police Gear has the best deals on the 5.11 stuff too. Lot's of freebies and sales.

If I notice anything that wears and tears easy, I will post it on here for everyone to know about.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've had some of my 5.11 stuff for well over a year now with LOTS of use. TacLite pants are well worth the cost. I ended up getting 5 pair to use at work.

The Performance Covert Shirts are a great product as well. I don't use them as much as the pants with rough training and work, but they are a must for concealed carry. I'm kind of a small guy, so keeping a G26 hidden is not that easy. These shirts are great for that. The extra length and no snag material makes it above the rest.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree, I use 5.11 pants with the knee pad inserts and they are very good. I did have a rock go clear through my knee pads and slice my pants open though. So if I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with the $12 5.11 knee pad inserts for my pants and instead would opt for actual knee pads.. I have 4 pairs and other than a rock shaped like a dagger and made from titanium, not a single issue. oh and can I say they are super comfortable? like going from whool underwear to like under armor breathable underwear... yup!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I enjoy 5.11 stuff and wear it now and then for Joe schmo reasons. I don't wear it as often as I like because I don't want to look like something I'm not. If they came out w/ more tac stuff that didn't look like it I'd be more inclined to wear it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a bunch of 5.11 tactical style jackets w/ all the patches and whistles....I'm too embarrassed to actual wear them in public...except for at the shooting range!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I use their more covert stuff. I'm sure people like us would notice, but the average person doesn't. Started using their MOLLE type gear as well. Holds up great. I still have the first pair of pants I purchased & thrash them. Worth the price. I tend to wait to get their stuff when they have a sale now. They also opened their first full retail store near me. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
All of my clothing and gear for work is 5.11 Tactical. I'm a firefighter and paramedic. Their products hold up very well. I won't buy anything else.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts