ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess the Freedom Group is at it again. The 300 AAC blackout is a new round that is the same as the 7.62x39 but doesnt have the draw backs of the heavy tapered case. If I read it correctly, a 20 rnd ar15 mag will hold 20rnds of the new round. Also only the barrel has to be changed, not the bolt. Sounds like it is ready made for the ACR.

More info here http://300aacblackout.com/

Looks interesting. Looks like a refined 300 wisper. Supposedly it will be SAMMI approved.

I like the idea, specially if it isn't anymore exspensive then 5.56 stuff.

8)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Remington 300 AAC (BLK)

Kinda surprised no comments on this intreging development.

Personally, the more I read on it, the more I think it's ready made for the ACR. Just replace barrel and off ya go with a 30 cal round. No new mags, and current ones can be used to capacity of their 5.56 counter parts.

Actually, I can't wait for it to be released. :p

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Remington 300 AAC (BLK)

The more I read and hear about it, the more interesting it looks. I think I'm going to build an AR upper just to try it out. From what I hear, it's going to be really pushed at the next shot show.

8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jason from AAC has basically said over on Silencer Talk that they'll be releasing ACR bbls in 300 BLK. There's also a video on their facebook of a 300 BLK ACR.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jason from AAC has basically said over on Silencer Talk that they'll be releasing ACR bbls in 300 BLK. There's also a video on their facebook of a 300 BLK ACR.
Sweet........

I'm in!! Looks like it'll be a winner, in my eyes atleast :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, nice tease, when can I get my hands on one?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that a magazine add or just a propaganda poster?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got it from Advanced Armament Blog. Thought it was a cool poster/picture.

If this caliber takes off like I hope it will, we may see the caliber to beat out the 5.56x45mm.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it from Advanced Armament Blog. Thought it was a cool poster/picture.

If this caliber takes off like I hope it will, we may see the caliber to beat out the 5.56x45mm.
Beat out the 5.56, naaaa. To many guns out there in that caliber. Unless of course we allow our gov't to outlaw all civilian ownership of military caliber weapons like other countries have, (5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 9mm, 45acp etc,)

Personally I really like the potential of it. I was never really a big fan of the 7.62x39 cartridge, but always liked it ballistics. Now I can have it with only changing a barrel / upper. I like that!

BTW, has anyone seen or heard any shot show info on the 300aac?

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
the 300blk acr is pretty sweet, it has something like a 9" barrel and a pistol length gas port setup on it, so just past the enhanced handguard all you see is the suppressor

they dont say if it has multiple modes of operation or it is self regulating though

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72199

if you look at post number 2 theres the pic of the 9" barrel, i'd post pics but i dont want to steal them from smglee

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sigh!!!!

Wish I could get my hands on a barrel and / or upper in this caliber. I'm really getting excited about it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am really hoping that the first offering will be the 300BLK as well. All it would be is a barrel change away from one to the other which would be really easy at the range.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts