ACR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
It would be nice, but personally The 300 AAC is very intreging for the type of shooting I do. Mostly within 100 yards, with few out to 200 yards. The 30 RAR closer to the .308 in ballistics and would be great for hunting. Here's an idea;

Why not both!!

8)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I'm hopeing for, a hunting round THEN the ACR would truely be the most Adaptable rifle around. the 30 Rem. AR is suppose to have the same ballistics as a .308 out to 400 yards.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Sounds like a plan, hopefully at next Shot Show, lots of stuff for the ACR will be showing up.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Today I happen to be at the range and a guy showed up with a camo'd AR15. Turned out to be a Remington R-15 in 30 RAR. Neat looking rifle, the camo finish was well done. It sports a 22inch barrel and was about the weight of a Ruger SR556. (8ish pounds) I was shooting my SCAR, (ACR is back at the mothership for a tuneup) and the owner of the AR wanted to try it. So we traded rifles for 20 rounds.

Nice rifle!! You definately know you are not shooting a .223. It definately has some shoulder push to it, but not uncomfortable at all. Feels less then a .308 autoloader. The groups out at 100yards were consistantly 1.5inchs off the bench sporting a 2x-10x scope. Am I going to run out and buy one, no. The owner told me that it's either feast or famine finding ammo. The cost of the ammo was reasonable compared to .308.

Overall, very nice rifle and the round was impressive. I hope it succedes. Has alot of potentional. Maybe an ACR barrel / bolt once the dust settles.

:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
has anyone found a good chart comparing 30 Remington AR ballistics to 300 AAC Blackout ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
thank you sir, good reading- now if somebody would make a new ACR bolt w/a correct diameter face and maybe a stiffer recoil spring to go with Wilson Combat providing a mid-length gas system barrel it could get very interesting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts