ACR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating a longer range set up for PRS type gas gun matches. Since everyone else seems to be using std. AR type guns, I thought it would be different to
use an ACR with a 22" 223 barrel and heavier bullets.

So the question is: Where or who makes such a thing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bigdog2003_99 would be the right guy to put you on the path to getting this barrel done. He is the also the one you would want to talk to about the gas system and trunnion parts to make it a reality. Dana is very Knowledgeable! Having said that... (now for a shameless plug for my own self interest...:rolleyes:) I have a PRS stock that I am trying to sell because I don't need it anymore... It is listed in the trading post with a picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigdog2003_99 would be the right guy to put you on the path to getting this barrel done. He is the also the one you would want to talk to about the gas system and trunnion parts to make it a reality. Dana is very Knowledgeable! Having said that... (now for a shameless plug for my own self interest...:rolleyes:) I have a PRS stock that I am trying to sell because I don't need it anymore... It is listed in the trading post with a picture.
Thanks. I'm just in the planning stages right now. I'm not real sure if I want to stick with a 223 and 73-77 gr bullets, or attempt to build a 6ARC. Obviously the ARC would need a different bolt in addition to a barrel, but it would certainly be different.
I'll keep the PRS stock in mind, although I'm leaning towards the KRG stock and handguard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like an AWESOME setup! I went with the DDLES adaptor so I could run different stocks... I appreciate you keeping my PRS in mind. My thinking was with the long barrel you would want a counterweight at the other end...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the mlok points in the handguard, I can add weight to the front and the KRG buttstock has enough attachment points I can come up with something to get it balanced to suit me. I’m going to try to stay below 20 lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts