ACR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum... hope to gain some knowledge and pass my experiences along as well.

Picked up my new ACR yesterday. I traded in a full size SIG556 SWAT for it. Loved the SIG, but the ACR is a cut above in my opinion. That still leaves me with a SIG P556 that will be a SBR soon.

I broke the ACR down and cleaned it last night and had my first day at the range with it today. This is what I fired:

(20) rounds of handloads with Sierra 55gr BTHP
(30) rounds of Radway Green SS109 62gr FMJ
(30) rounds of Guatemalan M193 55gr FMJ
(20) rounds of ADCOM M855 55gr FMJ

All rounds fed and ejected without problems. I used the handloads to zero the back-up sights, and just ran the rest through for function, although all were reasonably accurate for rapid fire at 50 yards.

I was loading 6 rounds of the handloads at a time in a PMAG and the bolt did not lock to the rear after the mag was empty. This happened everytime with the handloads (4 mags). I then ran a full magazine (30 rounds) of the Radway Green SS109 through the PMAG and the bolt did lock back once the mag was empty. Next was a full magazine (30 rounds) of the Guatemalan M193 through the PMAG and the bolt did not lock back once the mag was empty. Last was a full magazine (20 rounds) of the ADCOM M855 through an aluminum Bushmaster magazine, after which the bolt did lock back once it was empty.

The hand loads are fairly mild target rounds that my wife uses in her Varmint Special, so it may just be that the gun is new and the loads were a little too light to cycle the action. Same thing with the Guat surplus maybe? I plan on doing a little more experimentation with different mags and loads just to see what's up.

So far I couldn't be happier with my trade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I'm also new to this board. I've recently purchased two ACR basics, one in each color. I noticed too, that initially the bolt would not lock back with a couple of the PMags I had. After repeatedly putting them in, manually cycling the bolt and removing them, they started to work as designed. I think they just needed to be broken in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know what the length is of the ACR enhanced with folded stock? I could only find the length of the acr folded with the 14.5 inch barrel not the 16.5 . I've searched.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
[quote author=FrED650 link=topic=133.msg668#msg668 date=1283221301]
Anyone know what the length is of the ACR enhanced with folded stock? I could only find the length of the acr folded with the 14.5 inch barrel not the 16.5 . I've searched.
[/quote]

27.5 inches with AAC blackout attached, I just measure mine.

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was having the same problem with the bolt not locking back again, so I swapped the followers and springs in the PMags to a different magazine. The problem seemed to lie with the followers themselves. Whichever magazine I put them in, the bolt didn't always lock back. I looked closely at the followers and noticed that the ones that didn't always lock back weren't as high as the ones that did. You can see a small gap between the top of the feed lips and follower on the brown mag in the pics.

This black mag with follower had no problems locking back. Notice there is no gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts