Well Boys.... Hush Hush can for the ACR ?
Join Today
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Well Boys.... Hush Hush can for the ACR ?

Well Boys.... Hush Hush can for the ACR ?

Trust is in order.... Dealer is selling me hard on a Surefire....
    This will also be shared with my HK SL8

I pretty much going to go with an Osprey for my 45's...

I was looking hard at theSilencerco Saker for 5.56, but they aren't out yet and won't be able to get one ordered until late april or early may from my phone conversation with SilencerCo...

Thoughts...?
    Last edited by Warpdrv; 02-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    I am Rick from Pawn Stars.....

I personally really like the AAC products, but the Staker is super nice as well from what I have seen in videos and reading. If you think the stacker is nice enough, just order it and wait patiently a couple of months.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

+1 for aac, i love my m4-2000, although i'd probably get one of the new sr series suppressors. i'd almost get a .30 cal can just so i can use it with 5.56, 308 and 300blk
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Saker looked great from my time with it.

NFA is a waiting game no matter what, but if you want a can NOW, one that might be available to order mid year is not the best choice.

If you need one now an AAC M4-2000 or a 762-SDN-6 if you want to run it on 30 cals as well. You can also look at teh new SR5 and SR7- with an updated mount that are shipping mid-April.

Surefire cans are very good, but I can't figure out the crack they smoke when they devise their pricing...

For the 45, the only real choices these days are the Silencerco Osprey or the AAC Ti-RANT 45.
    Both sound incredible.

The fact that the Ti-RANT is user-serviceable is a plus to me.
    Graphic design and branding.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Surefire is priced the way they are because they aren't worried about civi sales, they have the gubment in their back pocket and so people automatically want whatever the troops use

USMC03VET likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys229 View Post
    Surefire is priced the way they are because they aren't worried about civi sales, they have the gubment in their back pocket and so people automatically want whatever the troops use
    Price/performance/build/materials balance... I just don't understand.

They price their cans like they price their lights, and I'm sure GOV purchases and prices definitely factor into that.
    Graphic design and branding.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

I'm going to get an SDN-6 just so I can go from .308 to .300BLK, and 5.56.

I plan on getting a SAKER as well because I like the flash hider option, as well as the fact they will have a mount that can accomodate the AAC 51T. I mean, if my wife's getting a Tavor, she's gonna need a can too right?

762-SDN-6. Done.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " -George Orwell

Celer, Silens, Mortalitas
    "Swift, Silent, Deadly"

DUH - ... didn't even think about the other calibers..... I had full intentions on at least going 300blk down the road on the ACR....

I guess that 762-SDN-6 is probably the best direction for me then. --- Are these units user serviceable as well... ????
    Looking at the AAC SR7, it'll be quite a waiting period for that can - mid to late second quarter from what I'm reading here now..

I think my dealer was pushing in the direction of Surefire for his profit margin on those things... Hell, I can barely even see very many reviews or comparisons lately with Surefires on Silencertalk when I'm perusing...

What is the thread pitch for the ACR (1/2-28 TPI ??) - is that just a standard barrel threading for all AR's ?
    I'm thinking that I could alter the 51T to make the prongs uneven to reduce ping... ??? bad idea?

Couple things I came across which standout between the TI-RANT and the OSPREY....

JohnInNH said

he piston in the Ti-Rant 45s is a special design, unlike any other piston that AAC makes (in other words, Ti-Rant 9 pistons won't fit in the Ti-Rant 45).

The Osprey 9, 40 & 45 pistons are all the same a fully interchangeable (in other words, if you buy an Osprey 45 you can put Osprey 9 & Osprey 40 pistons in it and use the .45 can on a 9mm or .40 platform).
    The Ti-rant the tube is the registered part... Baffle strike and you are in for 5 months and $200 + 50% cost of the can.

The Osprey.... The baffle and surrounding AL is NOT the registered part... the Blast baffle and booster assembly is. This is very cool for us the customers.

After getting FITA by AAC and not being able to re-core the Evo-9 with a new baffle stack, my $ went to SilencerCO. I wanted a Ti-rant but the Osprey just had to many features I liked and I will NEVER get a pistol can that can't be taken apart or serviced at the manufacturer. The Osprey CAN be dissembled at the factory.

If they improve the core SilencerCo WILL/can replace it for you...

Same for the Sparrow .22 the tube is protected and any upgrade to the core can be replaced w/o the NFA paperwork. (just like a Prodigy) However the tube is not protected in the Prodigy like the Sparrow so a baffle strike may not hurt the tube in a Sparrow.

But for a .45 (which is not full auto rated) the OSPREY to me makes more sense. It can be repaired easier can be upgraded and is easier to "sight through" or even have your sights clear. My low GI sights are just under the top of the Osprey but the top is flat so that helps you imagine and aim vs the curved radius of the round Ti-Rant.

DB # on the Osprey .45 ACP UPS tactical DRY FRP = 130.9 db 129.7 db average ... Wet FRP= 127 db 126.7 average
    I am Rick from Pawn Stars.....

Interesting info. That's good to know about the TiRant as I wanted to use it on my 9mms as well. Jason can you verify this?

The SDN6 is NOT user serviceable and I don't think the SR7 will be either. I saw Jason post elsewhere that they are basically the same can (internally) except the mounting system is different. 51T vs 90T.

Not saying Surefire's aren't good cans, but MAN they're expensive and I'd spend that money elsewhere.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

762 sdn-6 review

762-sdn-6 review

762-sdn-6 vs sr7
aac 762-sdn-6 review

aac 762-sdn-6 wet

aac sr7 for sale

aac sr7 user serviceable
aac tirant baffles
can you a 762 sdn-6 wet?
tirant 45 vs osprey
Click on a term to search for related topics.