Well Boys.... Hush Hush can for the ACR ? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Well Boys.... Hush Hush can for the ACR ?

I'm not aware of any centerfire cans that are user serviceable. This is typically due to the tolerance and strength requirements for them. Rimfire's are typically user serviceable due to their dirty nature.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " -George Orwell

Celer, Silens, Mortalitas
    "Swift, Silent, Deadly"

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
    Couple things I came across which standout between the TI-RANT and the OSPREY....

JohnInNH said

John is a very opinionated reviewer.

just remember, everyone has their own biases. I am certainly not immune either.

Osprey or Ti-RANT, the two best (by far) choices in .45 cans.
    Graphic design and branding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current stuff:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Interesting info. That's good to know about the TiRant as I wanted to use it on my 9mms as well. Jason can you verify this?

The SDN6 is NOT user serviceable and I don't think the SR7 will be either. I saw Jason post elsewhere that they are basically the same can (internally) except the mounting system is different. 51T vs 90T.

Not saying Surefire's aren't good cans, but MAN they're expensive and I'd spend that money elsewhere.
    Ti-RANT 45 has 9mm-thread pattern pistons available and it works/sound good on a 9mm. ONLY drawback is that a 45 can is larger than a dedicated 9mm can. Should be within a few dB though.

SDN-6, SR7 (or Saker, KAC's cans, Surefire's cans) are not user serviceable... unlike with .22LR and some pistol ammo, rifle ammo is such high pressure that deposits are minimal. You'll definitely erode your rifle can to a tube before you fill it up.

The SR7 and 762-SDN-6 are essentially the same internally, the main differnces being manufacturing changes to the tube and the SR7 uses the newer 90-tooth Ratchet Taper mount while the 'N-6 uses the 51-tooth mount.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    John is a very opinionated reviewer.

just remember, everyone has their own biases. I am certainly not immune either.

Osprey or Ti-RANT, the two best (by far) choices in .45 cans.
    I can appreciate your making note of his "opinionated-ness".... I was merely copying and pasting the info to pass along for those looking, and I wasn't interested in his opinion as much as the FACTS on the products and how they compared. I think that there was some important points he touched on, and I know you were posting in that thread so I assume you know I didn't copy over his entire "opinion" Appreciate your help here buddy, I'm relying on the people who have the most experience with these units.... Knowledge is king when flying blind here, multi hosts is a nice way to go for me...

Ti-RANT 45 has 9mm-thread pattern pistons available and it works/sound good on a 9mm. ONLY drawback is that a 45 can is larger than a dedicated 9mm can. Should be within a few dB though.

SDN-6, SR7 (or Saker, KAC's cans, Surefire's cans) are not user serviceable... unlike with .22LR and some pistol ammo, rifle ammo is such high pressure that deposits are minimal. You'll definitely erode your rifle can to a tube before you fill it up.

The SR7 and 762-SDN-6 are essentially the same internally, the main differnces being manufacturing changes to the tube and the SR7 uses the newer 90-tooth Ratchet Taper mount while the 'N-6 uses the 51-tooth mount.
    I'd love to hold out for that 90 tooth mount for stability and positive lock with the taper, but it seems there are more then enough people that are satisfied with the 51t.
    I am Rick from Pawn Stars.....

So which mount am I looking for with the 762-SDN-6 on the ACR.... ?

51T or Breakout

Caliber 5.56
    Thread Pitch 1/2-28TPI

I'd love to hold out for that 90 tooth mount for stability and positive lock with the taper, but it seems there are more then enough people that are satisfied with the 51t.
    I have had good experiences with personal and work 51T cans over the years. I like the 90T taper a lot, but not enough to go drop the coin on one.

If it was on the shelf today, i'd get one just because it's the latest and greatest.

Speaking of some of the points JohnNH made, and this MAY be a consideration for you- the SR5 and SR7 (and Ranger3) are made in such a way that the mount section of the tube is the serialized part, making it possible - in the event of a catastrophic baffle strike situation- to cut off the stack and reweld a new one back on... saving you a tax transfer...

The million dollar question is are the tiny chances of needing that worth the extra cost and wait up front?

I don't envy your choices, but once you commit, stop reading reviews and posts and driving yourself crazy. Forget you bought them and shoot the hell out of them when they come in.

Current stuff:

51T or Breakout

Caliber 5.56
    Thread Pitch 1/2-28TPI
    in 5.56 on a 16", I like the BRAKEOUT, simply because you get the "muzzle brake" effect that can extend the life of your can. And on a 16" the blast isn't TOO obnoxious.

Current stuff:

I have had good experiences with personal and work 51T cans over the years. I like the 90T taper a lot, but not enough to go drop the coin on one.

If it was on the shelf today, i'd get one just because it's the latest and greatest.

Speaking of some of the points JohnNH made, and this MAY be a consideration for you- the SR5 and SR7 (and Ranger3) are made in such a way that the mount section of the tube is the serialized part, making it possible - in the event of a catastrophic baffle strike situation- to cut off the stack and reweld a new one back on... saving you a tax transfer...

The million dollar question is are the tiny chances of needing that worth the extra cost and wait up front?

I don't envy your choices, but once you commit, stop reading reviews and posts and driving yourself crazy. Forget you bought them and shoot the hell out of them when they come in.
    Thats the main reason I am going for the Osprey is for the serialized mount.... saves alot of headaches if theres an issue.
    Agreed - I wish the SR7 was avail now, and I'd be all over it... but its not, so I'll be ordering up whatever I can and it looks like the SDN-6 will be it...
    I'll be looking to get my HK SL8 barrel cut and threaded for a Brakeout to be able to use the SDN-6 on as well for my LONG GUN.

So then the Blackout will be the way to go for SBR ?

Your right, one can really drive themselves nuts with all the "he said - she said shit" but I think I got it narrowed down with your guys help. I've gone through all this crap in the Audio/Home Theater realm with all the goofy shit with a bazillion speakers/amps/subwoofers and such... those forums are far worse with the no life toolbags there.
    Last edited by Warpdrv; 03-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.

51T or Breakout

Caliber 5.56
    Thread Pitch 1/2-28TPI
    When it comes to muzzle brake versus flash hider, I have a mix of both. I prefer to shoot suppressed so for me, the muzzle brake is what I prefer. I also have two Brakeout's which was a combo of both.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " -George Orwell

Celer, Silens, Mortalitas
    "Swift, Silent, Deadly"

Thats the main reason I am going for the Osprey is for the serialized mount.... saves alot of headaches if theres an issue.
    Agreed - I wish the SR7 was avail now, and I'd be all over it... but its not, so I'll be ordering up whatever I can and it looks like the SDN-6 will be it...
    I'll be looking to get my HK SL8 barrel cut and threaded for a Brakeout to be able to use the SDN-6 on as well for my LONG GUN.
    FWIW, a certain typically water-borne group of SOCOM uses the M4-2000 and 762-SDN-6 with 50Tooth mounts... and even when shown the 90T versions, they chose to stay with the 51T, having had very good performance and no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv
    So then the Blackout will be the way to go for SBR ?
    I PERSONALLY go flash hider, but that's because i don't care about the can lasting forever- I value my shooting comfort higher than that...

So, that said, I HATE shooting 5.56 unsuppressed with brakes on SBRs... The BLACKOUT flash hider is MUCH more pleasant, and is generally my choice since it shoot unsuppressed quite a bit.

Many people that have cans do care greatly about extending the life of the can as long as possible, and the best choice for this is the BRAKEOUT or the BLACKOUT Muzzle Brake. The trade off is that a 10" unsuppressed 5.56 with a brake or comp will shake your fillings loose.

over the years, i've come to this:

if I am going to be shooting SUPPRESSED more than 50% of the time:

16" gun - Muzzle Brake, Brakeout, or Blackout Flash Hider

14.5 gun - Muzzle Brake, Brakeout

10" gun - Muzzle Brake or Brakeout

If I am going to be shooting UNSUPPRESSED more than 50% of the time:

16" gun - Muzzle Brake, Brakeout, or Blackout Flash Hider

14.5 gun - Brakeout or Blackout Flash Hider

10" gun - Blackout Flash Hider

of course, this is very personal and depends on the typical environment you shoot- indoors, out doors, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv
    Your right, one can really drive themselves nuts with all the "he said - she said shit" but I think I got it narrowed down with your guys help. I've gone through all this crap in the Audio/Home Theater realm with all the goofy shit with a bazillion speakers/amps/subwoofers and such... those forums are far worse with the no life toolbags there.
    You are definitely splitting hairs when you are talking about these top quality cans. The truth is, they are all excellent, and will serve you well.

The thing about the silencer world is that MOST people only have experience with one or two models, the rest of their opinions are based on defending their own purchase, as well as internet chatter and youtube videos...

Current stuff:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

762 sdn-6 review

762-sdn-6 review

762-sdn-6 vs sr7
aac 762-sdn-6 review

aac 762-sdn-6 wet

aac sr7 for sale

aac sr7 user serviceable
aac tirant baffles
can you a 762 sdn-6 wet?
tirant 45 vs osprey
Click on a term to search for related topics.