what to suppress? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Lurker
    Does the m42000 make the gun hearing safe, or does the sonic boom still stay pretty loud?
    Caelitus Mihi Vires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

its kinda loud but on a 16" gun it works very well

i personally use ears with the 10.5" but the 16" its not so bad
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHH View Post
    Does the m42000 make the gun hearing safe, or does the sonic boom still stay pretty loud?
    I'd personally argue that NO supersonic rifle round will be truly hearing safe- no matter what can you use.

The bullet flight noise alone is up close to the hearing damage level. A good comparison is a suppressed 5.56 sounds like an unsuppressed .22LR rifle. STILL a huge difference.

The ACR is a relatively loud host because of the piston exhaust and the action noise.

Also, .40's are typically loud hosts as well.. 9 and 45 suppress better and have a wider range of subsonic ammo available.

I'd also suggest a .45 can- either the SilencerCo 45 Osprey or the AAC Ti-RANT 45. You can get multiple pistons for either in different thread patterns that will allow use on a 9, 40, and 45.
    Graphic design and branding.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

ETA- I use those little Surefire Earpro with all suppressed weapons except .22. YMMV.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Forum Lurker
    Thanks for the help and why is the 40 a louder host?
    Caelitus Mihi Vires

More powder? It's a devastating round.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."
    If guns kill people then... pencils miss spel words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

Quote Originally Posted by IanHH View Post
    Thanks for the help and why is the 40 a louder host?
    I have no idea- power/powder versus volume? higher pressure?

The main issue is that it is harder to find/more expensive to get subsonic factory loads.

Current stuff:

Forum Lurker
    I have 3 AAC cans, Ti-Rant, M4-2000 and pilot. IMO, .45 with Ti-Rant is hearing safe, M4-2000 can be shot with out hearing, but not recommended, Pilot with a CZ 452 sounds like a pellet gun. My first was the M4-2000, but after shooting the ti-Rant much more fun.

Forum Lurker
    Seems to be a solid option for a suppressor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

762-sdn-6 suppress 9mm
best caliber to suppress
best caliber to supress for hunting
calibers to suppress hunting
can you shoot 10mm out of 762-sdn-6 ?
can you suppress a 556
can you use a 762-sdn-6 with 9mm

suppressing hunting

the 7.62x39 suppresses great
what calibers can you shoot 9mm through aac 762-sdn-6
Click on a term to search for related topics.